Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
The Bears are not in cap trouble so there is no reason to cut Brown. Plus his contract isn't that bad and even if they did cut him they'd restructure and bring him back before they did anything else. Brown is a Bear, you can book that.

They are not in cap trouble, which is why they could pay Landry, especially if it involves Briggs getting dealt. And they are TIRED of Brown getting hurt every year and burning them, so this isn't a money issue IMO.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
Row has to be a happy man because Quinn fell into there laps.

I honestly love it. I couldn't stand Brady in college but I'll learn to love him. Pretty awesome to get a qb like him to fall into your lap at 9.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:41 AM)
They are not in cap trouble, which is why they could pay Landry, especially if it involves Briggs getting dealt. And they are TIRED of Brown getting hurt every year and burning them, so this isn't a money issue IMO.

No thanks. I'd rather pay Briggs considering the 6th pick is going to get Briggs type money. Giving an OLB whose proven and already a stud (and ie a more important position in my mind) is far superior than giving that sort of money to a freaking safety.

If the Bears could have parlayed that pick into a mid first and an extra 2nd I'd have been all over it (or if they could have landed Calvin).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
I know it's still early to start thinking about this, but is there one guy that you're just hoping will fall to #31 but probably won't? Like Poszlusny (sp?), perhaps?

My hope is that Dwayne Jarret is there with our 2nd rounder. I really really want him and I'd love it if Alan Branch fell all the way down the board to 31. I don't think it would happen, but I'd be a fan.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
I would love for that to take place, although my prediction is Steve Smith to the Bears.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW GINN???

I think one of the USC receivers will be a Bear.

Holy s***...Ginn...WOW. Is Quinn now headed to Buffalo maybe? I could see Carolina taking him cause Delhomme is crap.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)
I think one of the USC receivers will be a Bear.

Holy s***...Ginn...WOW. Is Quinn now headed to Buffalo maybe? I could see Carolina taking him cause Delhomme is crap.

Yeah I guess Carolina/Buffalo might be the next best bets for him.

Other than that he might just go 2nd round.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
Buffalo would make sense, but you have to think they need to fill holes on the D side. I could see Carolina, but what about the addition of Carr?

Good point, yeah forgot bout Carr, yeah they wont take Quinn.

I guess I could see my Packers taking him as insurance but as far as I know they still like Rodgers as the backup. And RB/TE is a bigger need.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
I really think taking Ginn at 9 is like taking Hester at 9.

Ginn has awesome hands and I think a few years from now he'll be that Steve Smith type of WR. However, your spot on and that in the first year to two he will basically be Hester (the key will be him developing into that Steve Smith later on).