WHITE SOX WINNER!

StrangeSox

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
As strange of a game as it was, it was nice to see all but one run scored by means other than a home run.

WHO CARES?! Runs are runs, I'm sorry to single you out, but so many people here act like runs not scored by HRs count double or some bulls***. The offense relied on HRs last year and scored a s*** ton of runs, good for 3rd in the league (2 behind Cleveland for 2nd).

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
WHO CARES?! Runs are runs, I'm sorry to single you, but so many people here act like runs not scored by HRs count double or some bulls***. The offense relied on HRs last year and scored a s*** ton of runs, good for 3rd in the league (2 behind Cleveland for 2nd).

Who cares? Well... I do... It isn't that HR are not runs scored... it is about not swinging for the fence at every AB.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:35 AM)
Who cares? Well... I do... It isn't that HR are not runs scored... it is about not swinging for the fence at every AB.

As far as I'm concerned it's about repeating last year's success offensively and people b****ed about all the HRs last year too.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)
It's great to go 2-0 in KC.

We all know how the Royals gave the Sox trouble last year.

A key to winning the division is taking care of KC as much as possible.

I know the Royals are the...what's the midwest term..."pecker gnats" of the AL...but I really wasn't all that impressed with there lineup.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
WHO CARES?! Runs are runs, I'm sorry to single you out, but so many people here act like runs not scored by HRs count double or some bulls***. The offense relied on HRs last year and scored a s*** ton of runs, good for 3rd in the league (2 behind Cleveland for 2nd).

Look at the splits.

They were not a very good run scoring team in the second half. They were below average in singles, 2b, 3b, OBP, and most other offensive categories. But they were above average in HR's.

Swinging for HR's all the time leads to a lot of runners LOB and a lot of really easy outs. It also leads to this team getting shut down by bad pitchers just going low-and-away all game.

Edited by StrangeSox