White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
Relax everyone. Danks is a fifth starter making his what start. He is going go have nights where he is good and some where he is bad. Everyone forgets El Duque and how he wasnt exactly lights out all the time. A young 5th starter isnt going to be nails every f***ing time out.

Just take a breathe.

It was more than just that. Its every starter getting lit up in the first inning. Its the fact that the pen is going to have to be used heavily, again. And its the fact that being down 3-0 with this lineup seems insurmountable.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
it was over 5 coming into this game.. so im guessin 8ish?..ozzie has honestly done a good job at protecting him....3 runs in 4.2 IP isnt exactly great on the ERA, but it makes it seem as if he has been pitching alright

Well if Uribe didnt decided to just be a spectator. He would of had a 3.38 ERA at the end of that inning.

Remember when Ozzie Guillen thought Ozuna (hahah), Mackowiak (HAHAHAHAHHA), and Grinderstad (OMFG HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH) were better than Anderson in the OF? Rofl, I REALLY, REALLY want a new manager. ANYONE at this point.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
Every fastball Danks throws is thigh high. He has to get that ball down.

I hope they teach him a cutter or a sinker.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:58 AM)
Remember when Ozzie Guillen thought Ozuna (hahah), Mackowiak (HAHAHAHAHHA), and Grinderstad (OMFG HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH) were better than Anderson in the OF? Rofl, I REALLY, REALLY want a new manager. ANYONE at this point.

A little overreaction about having a new manager, but it's sad that we could even question if he thinks those guys are better outfielders. Like someone mentioned earlier, it gives us no defensive flexibility if we needed it late in the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)

The cutter is the pitch I want to see him learn. That is what will be the difference maker for him With the stones this kid has, and the secondary pitches, If he can neutralize the righty with a good cutter and break some bats, we could have something special here.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
Well if Uribe didnt decided to just be a spectator. He would of had a 3.38 ERA at the end of that inning.

Correct. Couldn't yell enough at the TV. I always feel like thats going to happen when he calls everyone off even though he isn't in the best position and then it finally did.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
Nice hustle AJ.

That happens.....not a big deal. Grandma Erstad can't even judge a fly ball that's 30 feet foul.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
everyone do the rain dance, my god.

More like do a healing dance for Thome and Dye, because this team sucks without them. It's Konerko, Crede, Iguchi, AJP, Uribe, and a bunch of bench players.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)

A little overreaction about having a new manager, but it's sad that we could even question if he thinks those guys are better outfielders. Like someone mentioned earlier, it gives us no defensive flexibility if we needed it late in the game.

It's too much to say we need a new manager, but there is absolutely no excuse to not have Anderson in the field. I have a feeling you might be adding a date to your sig today.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
It's too much to say we need a new manager, but there is absolutely no excuse to not have Anderson in the field. I have a feeling you might be adding a date to your sig today.

I don't think it matters tonight. This Tigers lineup is so much better than ours is, even with some guys struggling.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
Someone needs to remind the team that Durbin blows donkey cock.

We should be rocking this guy, in fact the Charlotte lineup would beat him tonight.

It's just too cold to hit tonight.