White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Can't touch that 88mph down the middle of the plate.

Not when you are swinging for the Ryan.

Our team needs to f***ing get their mental game back. This s*** of swinging for the fences because we are back at the cell needs to die. Just move the fences back because our team is too stupid not to become a softball team when we come home.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
I don't think it matters tonight. This Tigers lineup is so much better than ours is, even with some guys struggling.

More of the fact that we have one horrible outfielder and one average outfielder playing over one of the best outfielders in the game.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
it just wouldn't be a gamethread without this reminder...

You honestly want to try to claim that Anderson is worse than Erstad, Mack, and Ozuna?

You must be an Ozzie supporter.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)
More of the fact that we have one horrible outfielder and one average outfielder playing over one of the best outfielders in the game.

I want Anderson in the field, but he's nowhere near one of the best outfielders in the game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
Not when you are swinging for the Ryan.

Our team needs to f***ing get their mental game back. This s*** of swinging for the fences because we are back at the cell needs to die. Just move the fences back because our team is too stupid not to become a softball team when we come home.

There's nothing wrong with scoring all of your runs with the HR's!!!!!!! The sox hit a bunch in 2005 and look! See, HR swings = WS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
Can we please find a new left fielder? Why can't Pods just undergo season-ending surgery!

fields hit a HR today....i know hes prolly not able to play LF and the sox won't move him there at this point, but what the hell, ill bet he could have an OPS > .700 unlike pods and erstad

Danks is throwing everything up, including his offspeed stuff. Won't be long before some of these end up in the seats. We need to keep this close, in case we get Erstad up with men on base.

BTW, how sad is it that I have more confidence in Erstad tonight than half our lineup?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 06:08 PM)
Maybe Ozzie is just smarter than all of us, maybe he's just giving Durbin a false sense of confidence so that the next time we face him we bring the real game and we rock him... nah, hes not that smart.

Ozzie knows more about baseball than soxtalk? I never said that.

Steve Phillips actually saying something smart w/r/t lineup construction. He's saying he'd just as soon move everybody up a spot in the order, and that having a good "#2 hitter" is overrated.

I don't think I've ever agreed with him before.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
fields hit a HR today....i know hes prolly not able to play LF and the sox won't move him there at this point, but what the hell, ill bet he could have an OPS > .700 unlike pods and erstad

Scott Podsednik: .833 OPS.

We'd be a LOT better off with Pods than Erstad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
Danks is throwing everything up, including his offspeed stuff. Won't be long before some of these end up in the seats. We need to keep this close, in case we get Erstad up with men on base.

Are you watching the game this inning? He's keeping stuff down, especially his breaking ball.

Nice inning there.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)
Are you watching the game this inning? He's keeping stuff down, especially his breaking ball.

Nice inning there.

He threw a lot of high stuff to Thames and Ordonez. It's irritating to see Thames whiff on these offspeed pitches after we challenged him on Sunday.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
Scott Podsednik: .833 OPS.

We'd be a LOT better off with Pods than Erstad.

podsednik's OPS last three years....677 .700 .683......his 33 ABs this year arent enough to make his #s this year even count......that said...im not saying hes worse than erstad

The job of a 5th starter is to give you 5 innings, to keep you in the game and to attack hitters. Everyone forgets that this is what Danks is doing and the minute he gives up a few runs its time to trot him down to the minors or trade for some over rated bum who would get bombed at a much higher rate. If Danks can give us decent starts, this experience in the long run is going to help us out.

Why are our small guys trying to lift the ball in the air.