White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
I'm not KW but you know that's not what happened. I'd bet anything that the Sox liked Vazquez more than Young and expected Anderson to, you know, not suck.

Young would suck here. He would of had one more year of the banner hitting instruction in the minors. He would be geting exposed low and away and would be Anderson right now. He pretty much is anderson right now.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
I'm not KW but you know that's not what happened. I'd bet anything that the Sox liked Vazquez more than Young and expected Anderson to, you know, not suck.

Which again reflects on their inability to project Anderson as a major league ballplayer.

No one can convince me trading Rowand and Young in one offseason didn't give the impression that the organization was 100% behind Anderson.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Young would suck here. He would of had one more year of the banner hitting instruction in the minors. He would be geting exposed low and away and would be Anderson right now. He pretty much is anderson right now.

You think so? I'll take your word for it. I don't know. I know everyone's high on him but I never really saw enough of him and I haven't caught any Diamondbacks games. I'm just waiting and seeing.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:44 AM)
Well, ain't that nice, I make a nice comment about Erstad's OF defense and he goes and does that.

Not that it really matters...

How dare you say he's not the best CF in baseball.

Wouldn't this be a nice time to try and get Sisco some more confidence? With the Tigers lineup, you don't need to really save him for tomorrow.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
You think so? I'll take your word for it. I don't know. I know everyone's high on him but I never really saw enough of him and I haven't caught any Diamondbacks games. I'm just waiting and seeing.

They were high on Joe Borchard also.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Which again reflects on their inability to project Anderson as a major league ballplayer.

No one can convince me trading Rowand and Young in one offseason didn't give the impression that the organization was 100% behind Anderson.

I'm sure they were 100% behind him, given the deals, but I'm sure they'd have preferred eitehr of them. You just don't say no to Thome and KW loves Vazque.z

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:45 AM)

Yep, considering there were no other CF options in the organization, I don't care how much you like the pitcher: you don't trade two CF unless you think the guy remaining will be good.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)

I was never high of him when he was here so yea I agree with you but basically messing up BA's development doesn't help eigher.