The Market is Saturated for Bounty Hunter Shows

Texsox

Linked

She's not your typical mom! Sandra Scott takes multi-tasking to a whole new level - juggling raising her two daughters and being a loving wife with tracking down wanted criminals for a living.

For the love of exploding scoreboards STOP! This is too many Bounty Hunter shows.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
I just don't get "reality" TV. Lame contests and following other people around and watching their lives on TV. What's entertaining about that?

I dont know what is entertaining about it, but it works. Those shows draw in viewers by the thousands, and they love it. Some people like living vicariously through others on tv I guess

My wife loves that crap, so she doesnt give me a hard time about watching sports. Its a good tradeoff for us

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
I dont know what is entertaining about it, but it works. Those shows draw in viewers by the thousands millions, and they love it. Some people like living vicariously through others on tv I guess

My wife loves that crap, so she doesnt give me a hard time about watching sports. Its a good tradeoff for us

Fixed.

Yeah, I guess watching people get paid millions of dollars to throw balls and swing pieces of wood doesn't make much sense, either.

I'll just never understand the appeal of "Dancing with the stars," "American Idol," etc.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
Fixed.

Yeah, I guess watching people get paid millions of dollars to throw balls and swing pieces of wood doesn't make much sense, either.

I'll just never understand the appeal of "Dancing with the stars," "American Idol," etc.

Its competitive, just in a different way. My Mom and wife were arguing over who they thought would win "Dancing with the Stars" the same way I argue with my best friend who is going to win Sox vs Cubs.

And lets not kid ourselves, We ALL watch the selection weeks of American Idol. :lol:

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Speak for yourself, I've watched a grand total of 10 minutes of the first American Idol, and that's been it.

That is 10 minutes more than I have.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
So none of you watched the people that made a**es out of themselves trying out for Idol? Interesting

Watching people embarrass themselves is about the most brutal thing for me to watch. I can't stand it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
And lets not kid ourselves, We ALL watch the selection weeks of American Idol. :lol:

I'd rather jam forks in my eyes. American Idol makes me legitimately angry. If I even hear someone reference the show I feel my blood begin to boil, some random person asked me what I thought of "Sanjia" the other day, I nearly hit her in the mouth. There aren't a lot of things that get to me emotionally but American Idol is definitely one of them, I can't believe they canceled an absolutely genius show in Arrested Development and yet they've had what 7 seasons of American f***ing Idol now? It's the ridiculous dumbing down of America.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
I'd rather jam forks in my eyes. American Idol makes me legitimately angry. If I even hear someone reference the show I feel my blood begin to boil, some random person asked me what I thought of "Sanjia" the other day, I nearly hit her in the mouth. There aren't a lot of things that get to me emotionally but American Idol is definitely one of them, I can't believe they canceled an absolutely genius show in Arrested Development and yet they've had what 7 seasons of American f***ing Idol now? It's the ridiculous dumbing down of America.

So you are more of a Jordin fan?