Wow, that was pathetic

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
Not that I think they'd bring him in or anything, or that he'd be a good outfielder, but if there was a time it'd be now.

Good outifelder, you mean like Ozuna.

This was a pathetic There is no reason that Chad should of dominated us. That was long looping swing attack. Everyone was trying to hit a homer and go home.

Sad

Eh......didn't expect much with this lineup, don't care who we were facing. Having 3 regulars out has a big effect on the way you pitch to everyone else, taking out Thome and Dye allows you to pitch a lot differen't to everyone.

Get these guys back and healthy as quick as possible and we will be fine.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 11:01 PM)
Eh......didn't expect much with this lineup, don't care who we were facing. Having 3 regulars out has a big effect on the way you pitch to everyone else, taking out Thome and Dye allows you to pitch a lot differen't to everyone.

Get these guys back and healthy as quick as possible and we will be fine.

He was pitching meatballs to almost every batter. Hanging sliders all over the place. And they were shutout until Zumaya couldn't find the zone.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
None of Terrero, Owens, Sweeney or Fields are playing particularly well. Owens has been coming back down to earth incredibly fast over the past week, Terrero is terrible, Sweeney has been bad and Fields is batting .215 with a ~.630 OPS.

to fields credit he has been picking it up as of late in his past three games (6/13) with 2HR 5RBI and a BB for the season .232/.349/.391(13BB/16SO)

I left after the 7th inning.. couldn't take the cocktease that I was sure to see afterwards.. plus me and my lady were cold.. hopefully we pull one out tomorrow and essentially take 3 of 5 from detroit and stay right in the thick of the top 4 of the division.

I think we'll be fine.. No Thome, No Dye, No Cintron, No Pods.. that's 3 regulars, and one semi-regular that were completely unavailable, and then no Mack.. that takes us way down on the depth chart. Heath is key, and I like that nobody's jumping back onto the field too early.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
Is it possible for a major league team to have 1 bad game out of 162 when its missing 2 of its 3 best hitters? With the way some people act on this board you think we'd have the Royals or Cubs record.

Kason Gabbard, Guadin, Runnynose Herhandez, Bernaro, and a few others say that this happens a bit when we face a bad righty with a > 7 ERA. I think the problem is that we dont respect these pitchers and figure that we can go yard on them at any point. Then get ourselves out.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:21 AM)
Kason Gabbard, Guadin, Runnynose Herhandez, Bernaro, and a few others say that this happens a bit when we face a bad righty with a > 7 ERA. I think the problem is that we dont respect these pitchers and figure that we can go yard on them at any point. Then get ourselves out.

Let's be entirely fair to Kason, he shut us down with his left hand.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:21 AM)

I think it just drains our offense after having to come back from behind so many times in a row. All our pitchers besides Buehrle lately seem to give up 3-4 runs in the first inning. Than when your playing your 8th or 9th game in a row after a lousy rainy very late game on the road b4 and have another game in lousy weather and down 3 runs before your up to bat......... than top it off missing 2 of your best 3 hitters.