Rogowski removed from 40 man

Balta1701

According to this morning's Tribune:

After the game, Guillen defended his decision to stick with the 25-year-old Anderson against Jones, but the Sox cleared room on the 40-man roster for an acquisition by outrighting first baseman Casey Rogowski to Triple-A Charlotte.

"I don't know yet," Guillen said in response to the possibility of sending Anderson to Charlotte to play regularly. "We have 12 pitchers. If we send him down, we have to get another guy to play center field to help us in the outfield. I don't know yet if that decision will be made. We haven't talked about it yet.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
So, question...does this mean that Rogowski was able to clear waivers and no one else had any interest in picking him up?

I doubt we'd care if somebody even picked him up. He has no future beyond where he is now in our organization. Anyways, here comes Terrero.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
Terrero is coming up. I can forsee it.

Or... with Pods out until at least June, Ozzie's obsession with speed and stats so far in AAA... don't count out the possibility of Owens coming up. He's already on the 40-man, though, so there could be something else at play here.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
Yeah it does. There's just not much value in 1Bman with no power.

Which always seemed odd to me, about Rogo. He hits for solid average, so he can make good contact. And he is built like a friggin grizzly bear. I really expected he'd develop more power.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
Which always seemed odd to me, about Rogo. He hits for solid average, so he can make good contact. And he is built like a friggin grizzly bear. I really expected he'd develop more power.

If by power you mean another big looping swing we seem to produce, yuck.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
If you guys think Anderson has no clue at the plate, wait until you see Terrero against major league pitchers. BA does need to play though, and even if Terrero is no better, in the long run it is better for BA.

Yeah Terrero sucks. That's why it bothers me when people say 'Get Terrero up, Anderson sucks." Terrero is probably worse.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Yeah Terrero sucks. That's why it bothers me when people say 'Get Terrero up, Anderson sucks." Terrero is probably worse.

At this point, it is pretty hard to be worse than Anderson.

I was actually hoping they were freeing up a spot for Eduardo Perez. Especially with Thome hurting and Hall on the DL. He would be able to fill that need for a RH bat that can hit LHP.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
At this point, it is pretty hard to be worse than Anderson.

I was actually hoping they were freeing up a spot for Eduardo Perez. Especially with Thome hurting and Hall on the DL. He would be able to fill that need for a RH bat that can hit LHP.

Didn't Perez sign somewhere?