Hunter hit in mouth by pitch

RME JICO

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't wish injury upon anyone. However, when one does occur -- I'll cheer for it depending upon the person and their position on the ballclub.

The difference between myself and others such as yourself is I'm actually speaking my mind. Everyone feels the way I do, but they just like to put up this front of actually caring for multi-millilon dollar athletes.

Hopefully next time a fastball will hit Hunter in the nuts. Then I'll laugh...and laugh...and laugh.

Flash I finally agree with you on something. The first thing I was thinking of was him trying to get up and rush the mound and then collapsing on his face - then I laughed hysterically to myself. I can't stand this man and I think it is about time he got some payback.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
Does anyone think it was a purpose pitch for the joke - champaign sent to the KC clubhouse? Maybe a message to keep his mouth shut? I am not sayin', I am just throwing it out there and see if it sticks.

That's a hellova observation SSI even though I'm sure it wasn't meant for the mouth probably just trying to hit him to send a message. If it was, that's a hellova aim Greinke has.

heh

capt.ea50b4169a11481c9f6219e13409fa3b.ap

from the Strib

"If you get hit in the face, what are you going to think about? 'I gotta get him,' " said Hunter. "When I took a couple steps, I had time to think about it. He didn't try to do that. Greinke came over, and we talked, and we settled our differences. I gave him a little joke. I wrapped my face up like I had plastic surgery, and he was pretty nervous about that. He's a good kid.

"No pitcher in this league would try to throw at your head. If they're going to throw it at you, they're going to hit you in the body, the leg, or the ribs, whatever, but they're not going to try to hit you in the head. I don't think Greinke was trying to do that," Hunter said.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1147522.html