Observation on Brian Anderson.

BearSox

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Isn't there anything else to talk about? The fact that there have been about 30 threads started on the subject of Erstad/Anderson is actually pretty sad. Anderson just looks terrible and at this point I'm not even sure he's as good a player as Erstad. The whole subject is just tired and played out.

I'm a BA supporter and I have to say I think I might agree with you. That being said I have always said that if BA doesn't start he needs to be in AAA.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
The biggest tragedy involving the outfield is that KW refused to upgrade it this offseason instead going with 2 players who are incredibly similar to each other, one being 8 years older and incredibly injury prone, the other has attitude problems and appears to be a terrible offensive player incapable of making any sort of adjustments at the plate. Then you have the below average insanely oft-injured LF/leadoff hitter to finish of a trifecta of crap.

Not upgrading the leadoff spot was the worst move of the offseason. Everybody on this board thought Pods was done, including myself.

I agree he's had a horrible standup batting stance in his brief Sox

career.

He stinks right now and needs to reinvent himself at the plate in AAA.

Or I guess he could remain on the roster as a defensive replacement.

Just assume when he plays he's going Oh-fer and take it from there.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
I do agree with you, and i think the sox know it as well. They made room on the 40 man, because something is up on the trade front. Don't know when but something is coming,

With Thome injured and turning into a question mark, we need to upgrade this offense as soon as possible.

This from mlbtraderumors....of course they aren't reliable but who really is...

Brian Anderson Trade Near?

Between Ozzie Guillen's words and actions, it's safe to say he does not like Brian Anderson. I don't know if it's BA's attitude or something else, but he's had his chance and he's not getting another one with the White Sox. He did get 365 ABs last year, so you can't say he didn't get a legitimate shot. Anderson seemed to be making some progress offensively in July and August of '06, but regressed in September.

Nathaniel Whalen of the Daily Southtown reads between the lines, and thinks a change of scenery might make sense here. Anderson's minor league record is still contributing to a healthy PECOTA projection: .265/.324/.447. That's pretty good for a CF, especially if he's a plus defender.

In the past, the Giants and Rangers have inquired about Anderson. I feel like the Marlins did too, but can't find a record of it. The Fish in particular can afford to let Anderson develop at the big league level. Perhaps the Padres, A's, or Nationals would get involved as well. They haven't been major deals, but Jim Bowden has been Kenny Williams's most frequent trading partner over the years.

They're not going to trade Anderson right now while he's probably the 2nd worst hitter in baseball ('stavo being #1) and having trouble getting along with the manager of the team, his trade value is at 0 right now. If anything he's sent down in order to raise his trade value a bit if he can put together some sustained success at Charlotte.