White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 12:41 AM)
Since I was rained out, do I have free reign to start this one? Or was I blocked? I don't want to test fate and be a jinx, :D :gosox3:

No, I think you'd have to be excluded from starting this one. People get excluded if they merely start a losing game thread, whereas you started a thread that got the whole damn game canceled. Sheesh.

:)

Thome's not likely to play this weekend, which really stinks cause we're facing 3 lefties. There's been hints that his injury is more serious than has been reported, and it's probably 50/50 now that he goes on the DL. If this is a muscle issue, he could easily reaggrevate it throughout the year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 01:08 AM)
Thome's not likely to play this weekend, which really stinks cause we're facing 3 lefties. There's been hints that his injury is more serious than has been reported, and it's probably 50/50 now that he goes on the DL. If this is a muscle issue, he could easily reaggrevate it throughout the year.

I heard the exact opposite. Ozzie said Thome and JD could have played today, and even yesterday, but didn't want to risk it. CSN also reported that Thome felt much much better. He said so himself in an interview.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 06:11 AM)
I heard the exact opposite. Ozzie said Thome and JD could have played today, and even yesterday, but didn't want to risk it. CSN also reported that Thome felt much much better. He said so himself in an interview.

Not what's on chicagosports right now. Dye would have played, not so for Thome.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 01:11 AM)

I think fathom is right. I heard on the Score that Thome's injury could be much worse than they're letting on.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 06:16 AM)
I think fathom is right. I heard on the Score that Thome's injury could be much worse than they're letting on.

Bernstein made a reference to being told by someone within the organization that this could be the type of injury that lingers all season. I don't even want to think about our chances if we're going to have Thome out for stretches this year.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
my favorite ervin santana memory is when Konerko asked the ump to have him tuck in his shirt in game 3 of the ALCS. He then promptly planted the next pitch in the left field bullpen.

That'd be Game 4. John Lackey pitched in 3 vs. Garland. But still, a very nice memory.