White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
Honestly, that means next to nothing.

We got shut down by Cy Durbin, and Erstad did not drive in all 16 runs against the Royals (some people didn't think we should mention the positive offensive because it was the Royals.)

It all comes down to Konerko and Crede pulling out of their slumps, it looks like Dye is slowly coming around.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:18 AM)
Well, the one they brought back was hitting over .300 with a .387 OBP before he got hurt. I don't know why I always take the bait. Who else exactly was Kenny supposed to sign?

He's the type of guy who can't stay healthy. How many times can a "speed" player pull a muscle in the leg area before you give up on him?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
Oh come on. Pods has been much better than expected.

If you're going to fault KW for anything offensively related it HAS to be giving Erstad to Ozzie to overplay.

It's amazing that I get singled out for this comment, as it's been all over this board for two weeks now. I know Tony absolutely agrees that KW is at fault for bringing back Pods with his injury history.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)
...and this is why the fake Johan is garbage away from the big A. His HR rate is ugly away from there.

He has no clue where his fastball is going. He throws these fastballs that are high, and tail over the middle of the plate.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:20 AM)
...and this is why the fake Johan is garbage away from the big A. His HR rate is ugly away from there.

He threw such a different style of slider that first game he dominated us.

FWIW, my vote for most overrated player on this board is Anthony Reyes. He is brutal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:21 AM)
It's amazing that I get singled out for this comment, as it's been all over this board for two weeks now. I know Tony absolutely agrees that KW is at fault for bringing back Pods with his injury history.

It's having both Pods and Erstad on the roster. They're waaaay too similar to be on the same team.

I'd take Erstad just because he can play multiple spots.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)

Yet you, Tony, or anybody for that matter, can't come up with a legitimate upgrade that wouldn't have costed a ton in money or players/prospects.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
Yet you, Tony, or anybody for that matter, can't come up with a legitimate upgrade that wouldn't have costed a ton in money or players/prospects.

On the negative side of things, the Indians just scored 5 and look to be heading for 6 games over .500.

But at least the Twins and Tigers are beating up on each other for awhile.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:25 AM)

Trot Nixon's been brought up multiple times. He would've been a great one year fit.

Also, keeping Eduardo Perez on the roster and just having an Ozuna/Mackowiak platoon out there would've been pretty much equal to giving Pods $3 million.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)

well... Aaron Rowand is a triple away from the cycle... but he isn't very good he just grinds well.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
FWIW, my vote for most overrated player on this board is Anthony Reyes. He is brutal.

Totally agreed. He is a very average pitcher that has lost his confidence right now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
Trot Nixon's been brought up multiple times. He would've been a great one year fit.

Also, keeping Eduardo Perez on the roster and just having an Ozuna/Mackowiak platoon out there would've been pretty much equal to giving Pods $3 million.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

In the past, Napoli would have had no chance on a 3-2 forkball.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)

Nixon's declining physically...and injury-prone. He's just as risky as Pods or Thome. And Mackowiak and Ozuna as a leadoff platoon just doesn't quite do it in terms of putting enough pressure on opposing pitchers.

If you get Nixon, where is he going to play? He's not a natural LF, and I don't think anyone is quite ready to make Dye a full-time DH.

Or we're supposed to know that Thome AND Pods will get injured, so we can acquire Nixon just in case...? Like we had McCarthy as insurance for one of our starters going down?