White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
Birmingham

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Gonzalez, G 7.0 5 2 2 1 13 1 1.91

It will be interesting to see where our pitching prospects rank at the end of this year if they keep this up.

Between Egg, Gio and Russell we have some stuff pitchers at AA.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Yup -- you brought up the 33 at-bats. And let me just say -- 33 ABs > career OPS+.

Fixed.

-------------------------------

Gio has 13 Ks in seven innings pitched tonight. He must've struck out the side last inning.

I wasn't trying to get loud about 33 at-bats. You know me better than that. All I was saying is that Pods was playing well before he got hurt. Would he have kept it up? I don't know. Would he have gone 0 for his next 35? I don't know. Kenny has said atleast 78 times that he expected Pods to have a better year. And he was doing that (I know. Sample size). But that's all we have to go on right now. Now if you want to say Kenny should've went in another direction because it was a lock Pods would get hurt. Fine. That's another argument. And will just agree to disagree as far as there being anything out there that would've made us better. And when I say better, I don't mean a smudge better.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
It will be interesting to see where our pitching prospects rank at the end of this year if they keep this up.

Between Egg, Gio and Russell we have some stuff pitchers at AA.

I'm really excited about Russell

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
I wasn't trying to get loud about 33 at-bats. You know me better than that. All I was saying is that Pods was playing well before he got hurt. Would he have kept it up? I don't know. Would he have gone 0 for his next 35? I don't know. Kenny has said atleast 78 times that he expected Pods to have a better year. And he was doing that (I know. Sample size). But that's all we have to go on right now. Now if you want to say Kenny should've went in another direction because it was a lock Pods would get hurt. Fine. That's another argument. And will just agree to disagree as far as there being anything out there that would've made us better. And when I say better, I don't mean a smudge better.

From what I've heard, KW basically felt forced to bring back Pods due to the asking price of Roberts/Pierre/Matthews Jr. He had every intention of not having him come back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
From what I've heard, KW basically felt forced to bring back Pods due to the asking price of Roberts/Pierre/Matthews Jr. He had every intention of not having him come back.

Fair enough. Doesn't that kind of support what I'm trying to say? And go Bulls!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
I'm really excited about Russell

With Eggs low homer total, he must have a turbo sinker or the ability to throw low in the zone with movement.

For me the perfect type of sox pitching prospect is either someone with a sinker, or a strikeout pitcher. The less balls in the air overall the better. Strikeout pitchers give up a dong from time to time. but their ability to get an out without it going into play is great.

Russell and his velocity and arm angles should be interesting. Massett, Danks plus what we have at AA the sox look good for a long term pitching future. They just need to start to draft arms now, guys who can throw the ball through the wall. It seems that we have a propensity to channel that type of pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)

Speaking of cost savings, Garcia has a 5.65 ERA and is on the downside of a 4-3 Marlins lead.

Take away Danks' 3 "unearned" runs on the pop-up against DET, and his numbers are clearly better.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
And when I say better, I don't mean a smudge better.

Nixon is more than a 'smudge' better than Podsednik. But if you want to think that they're equal ballplayers, that's your perogative.

Nice job Bulls. Keep playing D and it'll be 3-0.