White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Speaking of cost savings, Garcia has a 5.65 ERA and is on the downside of a 4-3 Marlins lead.

Take away Danks' 3 "unearned" runs on the pop-up against DET, and his numbers are clearly better.

Danks impresses the hell out of me. This kid has stones. I think what we will see is over the year, his control get better and better. Once he can throw it where he wants it, watch out His change is plus, his curve is plus, and his delivery is funky enough to hide the ball. He could be good.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Nixon is more than a 'smudge' better than Podsednik. But if you want to think that they're equal ballplayers, that's your perogative.

Nice job Bulls. Keep playing D and it'll be 3-0.

Better player, but not better for the White Sox.

Unless you think we would have won the World Series with Carlos Lee in LF and Magglio in RF instead...odds are, you'd see the same team as we saw in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.

All or nothing. Pods changes the mentality of the line-up, he puts pressure on opposing pitchers, creates more fastballs for Iguchi and drives up the pitch count, WHEN healthy.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:20 AM)
Unless you think we would have won the World Series with Carlos Lee in LF and Magglio in RF instead...odds are, you'd see the same team as we saw in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.

LOL at this argument. I thought we'd never see this again, but I guess I was wrong.

Too funny...

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
Better player, but not better for the White Sox.

All or nothing. Pods changes the mentality of the line-up, he puts pressure on opposing pitchers, creates more fastballs for Iguchi and drives up the pitch count, WHEN healthy.

If you look at the 05 season, the only 2 good months that they actually had a decent offense where the times that Thomas was in some protection for the middle of the lineup. The minute he left, the offense went in the pooper. Pods was a non factor in the 2nd half. Pods helped out in the first 2 months when the big guys were not hitting at all. But after that, its a wash.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
If you look at the 05 season, the only 2 good months that they actually had a decent offense where the times that Thomas was in some protection for the middle of the lineup. The minute he left, the offense went in the pooper. Pods was a non factor in the 2nd half. Pods helped out in the first 2 months when the big guys were not hitting at all. But after that, its a wash.

That's pretty much bulls***. But I'm not doin' this every night.

People can throw all the stats in the world at me, but we would NOT have won the world series if we "substituted" Lee for Pods in left.

Edited by Rowand44

What was our winning percentage in 2005 when Pods stole a base and scored a run in a game?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
People can throw all the stats in the world at me, but we would NOT have won the world series if "substituted" Lee for Pods in left.

I just want to know what the hell Pods did? Did he hurt a small child? A pet? Anyone? The hate this guy gets is beyond belief.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:25 AM)
People can throw all the stats in the world at me, but we would NOT have won the world series if we "substituted" Lee for Pods in left.

You can admit two things though.

1.) Pitching was a bigger reason why we won in 2005.

2.)Pods was ass in the second half (only to hit out of his mind in the postseason -- he'll always be loved for that).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
You can admit two things though.

1.) Pitching was a bigger reason why we won in 2005.

2.)Pods was ass in the second half (only to hit out of his mind in the postseason -- he'll always be loved for that).

Ding.

We won in 05 because of two things. Our pitching was amazing. And in the playoffs, our guys decided to hit.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:29 AM)
Let the overmanaging begin!

I guess Aardsma learned to never blow a game again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
Ding.

We won in 05 because of two things. Our pitching was amazing. And in the playoffs, our guys decided to hit.

And we had three relievers have beyond career years.