White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
You can admit two things though.

1.) Pitching was a bigger reason why we won in 2005.

2.)Pods was ass in the second half (only to hit out of his mind in the postseason -- he'll always be loved for that).

Did his .337/.386/.790 September not happen?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
Good grief....why are we throwing fastballs to Vlad with a slider pitcher? Now we have Sisco in to face Anderson.

It would be nice to have Joe Borowski. He blew the game against the Yankees with a 4 run lead, but he's been nails in all of his other games this season.

And he doesn't throw 93-97, so it would be a totally different look for opposing batters.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
It would be nice to have Joe Borowski. He blew the game against the Yankees with a 4 run lead, but he's been nails in all of his other games this season.

And he doesn't throw 93-97, so it would be a totally different look for opposing batters.

Can I have what you are drinking because its pretty potent.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Can I have what you are drinking because its pretty potent.

Todd Jones isn't great either, but he's effective.

It would be no less nerve-wracking than our current bullpen. We're setting up for blown save #7 already.

The Twins won't do that in an entire season.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
You can admit two things though.

1.) Pitching was a bigger reason why we won in 2005.

2.)Pods was ass in the second half (only to hit out of his mind in the postseason -- he'll always be loved for that).

1. You know I'm all about pitching, pitching is what wins in baseball, OF COURSE it was more important than Pods or the offense or whatever you want to say, that's obvious and I'd never ever say otherwise.

2. Once again, he was bad in the 2nd half in 05 but I will also say that this team has been much better with him in the lineup than with out him in his time here. You know unlike you and a lot of others that I actually like "prototype" leadoff hitters and Pods was that guy for a good deal of 05. Now, I'm sure by now that everyone knows that I don't think Pods is the answer but the guy was huge in 05. I still think a kind of underrated moment of the whole 05 postseason was just Pods getting on base to start off the whole thing. Clement threw over like a billion times and next thing you know, he completely imploded, that was a pretty big thing imo considering how for the most part that team was inexperienced in the post season.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)

It would be no less nerve-wracking than our current bullpen. We're setting up for blown save #7 already.

Todd Jones plays in the grand canyon. Todd Jones in this park day in and day out would get destroyed. Joe Borowski would make Thriller seem like strike out guy.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
Todd Jones plays in the grand canyon. Todd Jones in this park day in and day out would get destroyed. Joe Borowski would make Thriller seem like strike out guy.

I was thinking the same thing.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Borowski and Jones belong nowhere near our bullpen.

You are seriously on some serious s***. Think we should give Rod Beck a call as well?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)

Borowski would K Anderson approximately 44.9% of the time.

Good job Sisco, let's hope the confidence in our bullpen keeps growing. Thornton's picked it up a little, but he lost some control with his FB 1 MPH off his normal 97.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
Borowski would K Anderson approximately 44.9% of the time.

This is your barometer of having him join the staff. LOL Well let me introduce you to the bounty of pitchers we could have on this squad if that was the only requirement

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
.284/.326/.356 in the second half. That includes September. And when he did get on base, he got caught stealing.

He had one bad month. August. Happened to be the same month he went on the DL. I conceed he wasn't the same as far as stealing bases after July.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007