White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
Sweeney isn't ready to hit at this level. Perez would help, but we'd still have no one vs RHP.

What other choice do they have?

EDIT: Dye's almost ready to be a full-time DH, and you don't pay $10-15 to that type of player, especially when his bat speed is slowing down a little bit (unless you're the Royals and Sweeney is your franchise player).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
It wasn't as good as his road numbers, during the day, against latino pitchers.

Ha, that's not what I was getting at. I meant after the ASB last year, and included that his wrist was bothering him during that time.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
Anyone else think Garrett Anderson is overrated? He reminds me of an Erstad with a little more power and more durability.

Had a few good years, but he got old quickly.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:37 PM)
Anyone else think Garrett Anderson is overrated? He reminds me of an Erstad with a little more power and more durability.

Four or five years ago, he was a very underrated "almost superstar" player. Now he's just an aging outfielder, like Tim Salmon a couple of years ago.

Still, you look at his overall stats over a career and they're pretty darned impressive.

Wow, looking at our bench (Anderson, Ozuna, Molina), I've decided Cintron was the best option, and that we need to reassign someone and get us a damn good bat off the bench. Logan maybe? Thorton to DL or something?

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
Wow, looking at our bench (Anderson, Ozuna, Molina), I've decided Cintron was the best option, and that we need to reassign someone and get us a damn good bat off the bench. Logan maybe? Thorton to DL or something?

It will probably be someone like John Mabry.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Four or five years ago, he was a very underrated "almost superstar" player. Now he's just an aging outfielder, like Tim Salmon a couple of years ago.

Still, you look at his overall stats over a career and they're pretty darned impressive.

Which years? His single season high OPS is .885.

Get this, in 2272 career PA's against LHP, he has walked 67 times! Because of this his .291 career BA against LHP comes with a .309 OBP.

He really looks like Erstad with higher home run totals to me.

Edited by santo=dorf