White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:48 AM)
clearly you didn't watch him much in the past

Career high in steals in one year is 13.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:49 AM)
Is eduardo perez worth a call?

Yes

Oh super...a walk to #9 hitter and then that. Iguchi needs to take charge on those if he can.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
Yes

If several sub .220 players reemerge from the depths of hell, Hall returns at atleast 70% of his former offensive capabilities, and Eduardo Perez is signed, Thome's absence shouldn't destroy this team's offensive output.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
When did Contreras become El Duque. He just decided to go from guy who throws 95 and up with a nasty splitter to Mr. Sidearmer with 90mph. What is it too costly to get a medical diagnosis or an MRI.

I miss the pitcher who used to throw his forkball on any pitch.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:58 AM)
Just like the ALCS

I was a little nervous about Anderson getting to the plate there to shove it in our face.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
When did Contreras become El Duque. He just decided to go from guy who throws 95 and up with a nasty splitter to Mr. Sidearmer with 90mph. What is it too costly to get a medical diagnosis or an MRI.

Age caught up with Contreras.

Next season may not be too pretty for him. This season certainly isn't looking too good.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
I miss the pitcher who used to throw his forkball on any pitch.

I miss the guy who threw 95 and used to pound the zone with fastballs, then use his plus splitter to get people out.

Mr. Forkballs everytime didnt do too much for me. And Mr. Sidearmer is on the Freddy Garcia velocity plan.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Age caught up with Contreras.

Next season may not be too pretty for him. This season certainly isn't looking too good.

I dont buy the age. He started this dropping down crap, right after he tweaked his back last year. Either he is healthy and just worried about going up 3/4s again. Or he is still nursing a bad back, and is dropping down to relieve pressure on it.

His velocity is more of an issue of him not dropping and driving behind the ball. When you throw side arm, its hard to get really behind it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
I dont buy the age. He started this dropping down crap, right after he tweaked his back last year. Either he is healthy and just worried about going up 3/4s again. Or he is still nursing a bad back, and is dropping down to relieve pressure on it.

His velocity is more of an issue of him not dropping and driving behind the ball. When you throw side arm, its hard to get really behind it.

Old people typically develop back problems. :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Old people typically develop back problems. :P

There's a 4 MPH difference between his peak and where he's throwing at now (97 versus 93), but it's very cold and it's April in Chicago.

I expect him at 94-95 again, not sure if we'll ever see the peak Contreras of late 2005 and early 2006.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
What may happen....

Thome to the DL, Anderson to AAA; Fields and Sweeney called up.

That's just me throwin darts at the situation. We could DH Dye in that instance as well, with Sweeney in RF.

I think fields needs to be the guy who comes up. He is right handed, has some pop in his bat. We have enough left handed options on the team.

What may happen....

That's just me throwin darts at the situation. We could DH Dye in that instance as well, with Sweeney in RF.

I just don't believe Guillen will move Dye to DH considering his veteran status, or the fact this is his contract year and it'll undoubtedly hurt his value.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:07 AM)
I think fields needs to be the guy who comes up. He is right handed, has some pop in his bat. We have enough left handed options on the team.

I agree, he could DH some or give Crede a rest. Either way, we went from having a stuggling offense to having a bad offense with Thome out.

What may happen....

And DH Fields against lefties with Dye in RF?

I don't see us calling up both, especially with how Josh has been struggling at Charlotte. Look for a deal with someone like Jeremy Burnitz, Bernie Williams, Hollandsworth, Michael Tucker, etc.