White Sox vs. Angels, 4/27/07 (W)

Texsox

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
Nixon's declining physically...and injury-prone. He's just as risky as Pods or Thome. And Mackowiak and Ozuna as a leadoff platoon just doesn't quite do it in terms of putting enough pressure on opposing pitchers.

If you get Nixon, where is he going to play? He's not a natural LF, and I don't think anyone is quite ready to make Dye a full-time DH.

Or we're supposed to know that Thome AND Pods will get injured, so we can acquire Nixon just in case...? Like we had McCarthy as insurance for one of our starters going down?

I always get a kick out of people suggesting we shouldn't have signed someone cause they're not great in LF defensively, yet they're fine with the Pods/Ozuna combo.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Trot Nixon's been brought up multiple times. He would've been a great one year fit.

Also, keeping Eduardo Perez on the roster and just having an Ozuna/Mackowiak platoon out there would've been pretty much equal to giving Pods $3 million.

Nixon? A platoon player that can't hit lefties? How would he be any better than what Pods brings to the table? I keep hearing Eduardo Perez's name brought up. If he's so good, why is he currently unemployed?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
Twins with a big 8th inning. they take the lead

Who do we want to win? I'm rooting for the Twins.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:33 AM)
Nixon? A platoon player that can't hit lefties? How would he be any better than what Pods brings to the table? I keep hearing Eduardo Perez's name brought up. If he's so good, why is he currently unemployed?

Perez is great vs LHP, something we really miss.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)

Perhaps you've heard of something called OBP?

Not to mention, that comes with some power, which Pods does not bring to the table.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
I always get a kick out of people suggesting we shouldn't have signed someone cause they're not great in LF defensively, yet they're fine with the Pods/Ozuna combo.

I'm not fine with Ozuna and Mackowiak sharing LF for a full-season either.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
Yep, my thoughts exactly.

I guess a good thing you can say about having Pods is that it kept us from giving Juan Pierre or Gary Matthews ~$50 million, but I'm not going to call a move a good move just because it wasn't the worst move.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Perhaps you've heard of something called OBP?

Not to mention, that comes with some power, which Pods does not bring to the table.

Heard of it. And Pods had one near .390 before he got hurt. Unless you're Mark Prior or Kerry Wood, you can't predict injuries all the time. Kenny took a chance that Pods could bounce back, and he was doing just that before he got hurt. Sorry, I fail to see how Trot Nixon makes this offense any better.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Thome's BA is about 70 points higher than Cintron's OPS... I know its only been 13 ABs for Cintron, but, come on, thats just plain funny!

And our current bench is 8 for 49 on the season.

Ouch.

We really miss Toby Hall's bat.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:33 AM)
Nixon? A platoon player that can't hit lefties? How would he be any better than what Pods brings to the table?

This is a serious question? It isn't a joke?

Career OPS +

Podsednik - 89

Nixon - 117

And Caulfield -- he's not a natural LFer? Is that a joke too? LF is the easiest position to play.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
Heard of it. And Pods had one near .390 before he got hurt. Unless you're Mark Prior or Kerry Wood, you can't predict injuries all the time.

You're telling me you couldn't predict Pods injury? It's the 4th straight year he experienced "unrelated" problems with his groin.

You're telling me you're surprised that Thome is headed for the DL?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)

Career OPS +

Podsednik - 89

Nixon - 117

And Caulfield -- he's not a natural LFer? Is that a joke too? LF is the easiest position to play.

We're not going to win the AL Central with Nixon as our everyday LF, or platooning with Ozuna either.

Our OF would be incredibly slow-footed with Dye and Nixon...Mackowiak and Ozuna (despite his troubles) would get to more balls.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)

Career OPS +

Podsednik - 89

Nixon - 117

Career OPS+? That's your arguement? And it's half ass because he's only a part-time player. Well damn that Kenny Williams to hell for not jumping on Mr. Trot Nixon. No telling how good our offense would be with him on board.