White Sox vs. Angels, 4/28/07 (L)

Texsox

This team is in disarray without JT in the middle. Say what you want, but there is no killer instinct at the plate, and NO ONE to bring up that can contribute much at the major league level. Kinda disheartening right now.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
This team is in disarray without JT in the middle. Say what you want, but there is no killer instinct at the plate, and NO ONE to bring up that can contribute much at the major league level. Kinda disheartening right now.

We need to start hitting well, or we might return from this upcoming road trip 5 games or so out of the lead.

It really is time to shake things up.

Unless of course, we'd have won 6-3 with Thome.

Seems like Murphy's Law right now.

You gotta admit, Thome might have made a difference.

We had a lot of baserunners early and middle game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
Find a guy who will be a FA after this year or can play in LF. I know some might hate him, but Jacque Jones is someone who could really help this team.

f*** Jacque Jones.

If we're trading for a Cubs outfielder it better be Matt Murton; someone who actually hits lefthanders. I know the concern with Thome out would be a bat capable of handling righties, but I absolutely HATE the idea of Jones. I'd rather take my chances with Mackowiak.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:50 AM)
f*** Jacque Jones.

If we're trading for a Cubs outfielder it better be Matt Murton; someone who actually hits lefthanders. I know the concern with Thome out would be a bat capable of handling righties, but I absolutely HATE the idea of Jones. I'd rather take my chances with Mackowiak.

We are taking a chance with Mackowiak....but we still need one more bat with Pods out also.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:53 AM)
They're playing too well. I had thought of that. I honestly think we might bring back Timo.

Milwaukee needs bullpen help, right? Of course, if Jenkins were to be acquired, that would sadly mean the end of the Scott Podsednik era.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Milwaukee needs bullpen help, right? Of course, if Jenkins were to be acquired, that would sadly mean the end of the Scott Podsednik era.

That's why it'll never happen.

We'll just have to put up with Podsednik's light hitting sucktitude for another few months, until he's inevitably released.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)

There's no way they'd trade him right now, especially with so many righty pitchers in their division. If they really wanted to trade him, he would have been gone over the offseason. I don't know who they'd want out of our bullpen right now that would be realistically available.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
That's why it'll never happen.

We'll just have to put up with Podsednik's light hitting sucktitude for another few months, until he's inevitably released.

Are you kidding me? Pods will have the injury excuse for the rest of the season. I'm sure we'll all get sick of the injury talk over the next month or so if this offense goes into a massive funk.

Well just got home from this offensive disaster. Our pitching was great. 3 or less runs in the AL should win you day in and day out. The offense f***ed themselves tonight. There is no reason that so many of our guys should strikeout looking with men on. What are you trying to do, walk on a 2 and 2 count. Swing the bat, if its close enough to be called a strike there is no reason that your bat should be on your shoulder. With all the high monster popups and warning track shots, the lift and pull offense was in full affect. It was warm and we are at home. We are going to see games were we pound out homers like crazy, and then we will see were we can barely score. Our offense needs to get its head out of its ass, and keep a steady beat of when you have a man on, put the bat on the ball and dont try to park it every time. If you get a count, sure drive the ball. But on 2 strikes, control yourself. Put the bat on the ball.

What a wasted pitching performance.

We are 12-10 and our pitching has been lights out.

Gio Gonzalez apparently has conquered Southern League competition. The 22-year-old southpaw fanned a career-high 13 over seven innings Friday, leading Double-A Birmingham to a 6-3 victory over Huntsville. Gonzalez improved to 4-1 with a 1.91 ERA and has 43 strikeouts and nine walks over 28 1/3 innings, giving up just 17 hits. Gonzalez has 25 strikeouts and two walks over his last 13 innings pitched

All I can say is ... wow.

Edited by greg775