White Sox vs. Angels, 4/28/07 (L)

Texsox

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, during Dye's last at bat they got a close shot of Weaver getting the sign, and he had his hand behind his back and it totally looked like there was something on the top of his hand. Kenny Rogers-ish, I swearr.

Did anyone else catch that? Maybe I was just seeing things.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
Oh boy, I love this offense. KW has his work cut out for him, as we're going to need an upgrade.

I'm still under the belief Williams should avoid any upgrades out of the organization.

Don't make any drastic decisions.

It's much too early to know anything; including how this time will react if Thome is out for an extended period of time.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:19 AM)
I'm still under the belief Williams should avoid any upgrades out of the organization.

Don't make any drastic decisions.

It's much too early to know anything; including how this time will react if Thome is out for an extended period of time.

You just are afraid we'll trade a pitching prospect. :P

BTW, Thome won't be close to 100 pct until at least the ASB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
You just are afraid we'll trade a pitching prospect. :P

BTW, Thome won't be close to 100 pct until at least the ASB.

Heck yes.

Even if Thome isn't going to be 100 percent until July, I don't like the idea of making any trades.

How do we know if this team would be in contention even if he were healthy?

If they're bad, they're bad. It'll be because other players haven't turned themselves around, and/or the pitching collapsed.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
Heck yes.

Even if Thome isn't going to be 100 percent until July, I don't like the idea of making any trades.

How do we know if this team would be in contention even if he were healthy?

If they're bad, they're bad. It'll be because other players haven't turned themselves around, and/or the pitching collapsed.

You'd be doing this team a disservice though to not field a competent DH. With Thome and Pods not coming back until June, you can't let this team fall too far behind. Considering this is likely our last year to compete for the championship for the next few years, you can't sit on your hands and do nothing.