White Sox vs. Angels, 4/29/07 (L)

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:52 PM)
Tigers win on a walkoff by Inge. Every Sunday home game seems to be a walkoff.

And he was hitting .145 going into that at-bat.

At least someone can stop Santana, or at least neutralize him. On the bad side of the ledger, we're back to 4th place in the division if we don't come back and win.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
Maybe DJ knows something. I bet Sweeney would be a good DH for a few weeks for us before he makes his annual trip to the DL.

It is true. Actually a guy I wouldn't mind having is Jacque Jones of the Cubs. I know he's not a star but he's a very good role player who can play all 3 outfield positions (albeit he's a lefty bat which I know doesn't help the Sox issues against LHP) but I've always been a fan.

That said the Cubs aren't going to give up that soon. However, I think Jones is a guy who not only makes the team stronger while Thome is out, but would make them strong once he gets back as well. Plus it means Anderson can be down in AAA and Erstad/Pods would get more rest with Jones getting a ton of Ab's (as well as spelling Dye out there).

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
Goddamn, I'm tired of hearing Hawk talk about how a guy has ten pitches because he "does different things" with them.

This is the worst I've seen Escobar against us in a while. He doesn't have his good forkball.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
It is true. Actually a guy I wouldn't mind having is Jacque Jones of the Cubs. I know he's not a star but he's a very good role player who can play all 3 outfield positions (albeit he's a lefty bat which I know doesn't help the Sox issues against LHP) but I've always been a fan.

That said the Cubs aren't going to give up that soon. However, I think Jones is a guy who not only makes the team stronger while Thome is out, but would make them strong once he gets back as well. Plus it means Anderson can be down in AAA and Erstad/Pods would get more rest with Jones getting a ton of Ab's (as well as spelling Dye out there).

So much for momentum.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Watching this teams offense is absolutely painful. Something has to be done, because the weather excuse is no longer available

We'll hear the injury excuse for the next month, guaranteed.

Have no fear, we got Cintron/Uribe/Sweeney up next inning.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Excuse 1 - Weather

Excuse 2 - Injuries

Excuse 3 - ???????

The Answer - Greg Walker sucks as a hitting coach

Excuse 3 = never could get into a rhythm due to weather and injuries.