White Sox vs. Angels, 4/29/07 (L)

Heads22

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Prediction time: how many games out of the AL Central lead will we be after this long road trip?

4.5 games behind first.

No way Podsednik or Ozuna catches that ball in LF. Sweeney saved two runs.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
And what do they have to trade? It's a classic case of the desperation, shake things up move...getting someone like Willits from the Angels would probably cost us Haeger and-or Broadway.

We're stuck. Maybe Anderson and Haeger/Broadway for Ryan Church. We need to do something. Otherwise, we'll just have to dangle Buehrle out there for the best possible return for 08 and beyond and cross our fingers identify the right player/s to acquire in return.

I'd trade Haeger and/or Broadway for Willits. He's a player with a skill set unseen in the Sox organization, and the Sox have other minor league pitchers that are better prospects than those two. I doubt the Angels make that deal.

Sometimes desperation moves are warranted. Williams made one when he acquired Garcia. He gave up what many people thought was a great haul of young talent, and it didn't work in that the Sox didn't make the playoffs in 2004. But long-term it wasn't a bad deal. I'd rather see the Sox make a move than cash in a season. It's not like we're talking about them trading the next Clemens or Pujols t bring in a rent-a-player.