Anderson sent down to AAA

joeynach

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
I think they have both worn out their welcomes. Get rid of both of them.

Oh please...

Over sending BA down? Give a f'ing break. Brian Anderson was not/is not/will not be the future of this organization.

That being said, adios BA, I hear the honey's in Charlotte are REAL NICE!

I love how a guy who did NOTHING gained all of this fanfare to the point of him being elevated to a god-like status....

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
There was a time when we drafted Black Jack, Frank, Robin Ventura, Alex Fernandez back to back to back to back.

We had much higher picks back then, but it's still hard to be nearly 0-10 the way we have.

That was Larry Himes and Al Goldis. They built the team the way you are supposed to, and got shown the door. because apparently Himes is an ass and JR couldn't stand him. Other players the White Sox developed after they left were their guys too. Guys like Ray Durham. The excuse that they have drafted low is such a tired one. Take 1997. The White Sox had 7 of the first 62 picks. Dellaero, Kane, Caradonna, Myette, Parque, Biddle and Weaver and they didn't sign Weaver the best of the bunch. They passed on guys like Berkman who was picked right after Dellaero and Tim Hudson.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
I hope it's true. He needs to get ab's down in Charlotte. I agree with Kal though, Anderson is done as a member of the White Sox.

The common expectation is that Anderson is gone for good and KW and Ozzie are fighting. I don't think that is so on either count. Anderson needs playing time. That was agreed on by both Kenny and Oz. He wasn't ready last year either so hopefully this helps him get on track. I don't know who goes up or down in the near future, but probably not who we expect. I bet we see Hall in pretty soon and Molina down plus Thome will come back and then we keep the players we now have up with the team including Sweeney

seriously though, any guesses on who's taking BA's spot? Fields is the first thing to come to mind, but he's off to a slow start so I don't see him picking up the offense on the big league club by any means. Other people are thinking maybe Perez, but I don't see that happening for some reason.

I sense a trade... soon.

Someone needs to pick up the offense, they look horrible to start the season and with Thome and Pods out for quite sometime something needs to be done.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
I love how a guy who did NOTHING gained all of this fanfare to the point of him being elevated to a god-like status....

Yup, all of the people who are fans of Anderson believe he is a god, mostly because of his awesome hair and because he's a cool surfer dude. He's the greek god of surfing.

Jesus, where do some of you guys get this s*** from?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
It would be nice to see Sweeney do well and just keep LF even after Pods comes back.

I forgot about Pods coming back also so somebody will be going down to the famr right? Maybe Logan?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
The common expectation is that Anderson is gone for good and KW and Ozzie are fighting. I don't think that is so on either count. Anderson needs playing time. That was agreed on by both Kenny and Oz. He wasn't ready last year either so hopefully this helps him get on track. I don't know who goes up or down in the near future, but probably not who we expect. I bet we see Hall in pretty soon and Molina down plus Thome will come back and then we keep the players we now have up with the team including Sweeney

Hall was helping out warming up a pitcher between innings today. Watching him throw the ball back to the mound, it would be a minor miracle to me if he's able to catch at a major league performance level this season. While I don't think Ozzie and KW are fighting, I don't think they are seeing entirely eye to eye. KW made sure that if they called someone up they would play more than half the time. I think KW thinks a lot more of BA's baseball ability than does the manager.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)
I forgot about Pods coming back also so somebody will be going down to the famr right? Maybe Logan?

At least another month for Pods is back.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
It's the right move. Anderson was doing very little, if anything, to help this team.

However, as I driving home from the game, listening to the news, I immediately knew we wouldn't see Anderson in Chicago again, unless its with the opposition. A shame, but I just think the bridges have already been burned.

I just hope this is the end of seeing young guys get in the doghouse for some reason and not be able to get out of it.

Another failed first round pick. I really hope the organization is embarrassed with the flops they've been churning out through the draft. The Sox haven't produced a productive major league player with their first pick in 17 years. Pathetic.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
Yup, all of the people who are fans of Anderson believe he is a god, mostly because of his awesome hair and because he's a cool surfer dude. He's the greek god of surfing.

Jesus, where do some of you guys get this s*** from?

Don't even take it there. You know exactly what I am talking about without the additional BS. On this board especially, the large portion that supported him felt he could do no wrong. When he didn't play, it wasn't his fault. When he didn't get hits, it wasn't his fault. When he dogged to get balls in the outfield in this past week alone, it wasn't his fault. When it came to this kid, a VAST majority of those who were/are in his corner always pointed the finger in the other direction instead of him.

So don't give me, "where do you get this s*** from", because if it wasn't prevalent I wouldn't have brought it up.

The guy needed to go, PERIOD. End of discussion.

EDIT: On a side note, I WAS a BIG Anderson supporter, but enough is enough with this whole debate.

Edited by chisox72

The larger issue is the way they have mishandled Anderson for more than a year.

he should have been sent down LAST YEAR when he was a cancer bat for three months. Couldn't do it because Mack can't play CF and we didn't have another option.

he stabilized and played better the second half.

Then, after he left winter ball early, the Sox really soured on him.

Fine.

But what is the point of trying to destroy the kid's confidence with some of the stuff that's gone on this year. I'm not a BA fan. But he should have started the year in Charlotte to get regular ABs. If he would have had success, bring him back or trade him when his value is on the uptick.

Now everybody in baseball knows the Sox can't stand him and he won't bring anything in a trade.

Bad, bad and petty management from where I sit.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
Another failed first round pick. I really hope the organization is embarrassed with the flops they've been churning out through the draft. The Sox haven't produced a productive major league player with their first pick in 17 years. Pathetic.

It's embarrasing for fans to observe; I can't imagine how Williams interacts with those responsible for the picks. How do they even look him in the face?

I'm sorry, even if these employees have shown promise in later rounds, those are typically luck. Chris Young, Mark Buehrle, and Brandon McCarthy were selected in the 16th, 38th, and 17th round respectively. Jack Egbert was a 13th round choice.

Some recent selections in earlier rounds with a potential to turn out well appear to be Adam Russell (6th round), Aaron Cunningham (6th round), Giovanni Gonzalez (1st round), Ryan Sweeney (2nd round), and maybe Josh Fields (1st round). Still, there needs to be more accountability -- especially in the earlier rounds.

I don't even care how our selections have compared with other teams within the league. Soxtalk members may still doubt me, but it's not going to be pretty for this team within the next several years unless the organizational approach to drafting and developing players changes. I don't even need to compare the future rotations of divisional opponents to ours. You may cry.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh-oh, Fathom. You use the R-word. Now people here are really going to flip out on you.

As well as they should.

That's quite a bold statement with little to no factual evidence.

Why do people think this is the complete end of Anderson? What if Mack or Erstad gets hurt? (assuming it's not within the next two days.)

What exactly has Eduardo Perez been up to lately? Does he still want to play?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
How's the surfing in Charlotte? Better yet, how's the pot?

Why stop at pot? Let's keep going, I love baseless attacks.

Cocaine -- yeah. Heroine -- you betcha. PCP, LSD, ecstacy too. And Brian is definitely shroomin'.

Oh, and steroids. Steroids too.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
any updated news yet?

Only Scott Merkin's own belief of who'll be called up:

"You know, it's hard, but it's good for both sides," said Guillen of the move, with the corresponding replacement move to be made on Monday (figuring to be veteran outfielder Luis Terrero arriving from Charlotte). "It's good for him, because the role he was doing was not easy. I think we still think he can play every day in the big leagues. If not, he would be a backup player for the rest of his life.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnered=rss_cws

What a joke, if true.

What the hell is the point of carrying Terrero on the roster? If Erstad gets a day off then Sweeney will get the start in CF. Exactly what this team needs, another right handed hitter with no strike zone judgment and a home run hitting mentality. I didn't think it was possible but swapping Anderson for Terrero probably makes the bench even worse than it already is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
What the hell is the point of carrying Terrero on the roster? If Erstad gets a day off then Sweeney will get the start in CF. Exactly what this team needs, another right handed hitter with no strike zone judgment and a home run hitting mentality. I didn't think it was possible but swapping Anderson for Terrero probably makes the bench even worse than it already is.

yep... I wouldn't mind Fields though.

I think we still think he can play every day in the big leagues. If not, he would be a backup player for the rest of his life.

First of all, does Ozzie really even know what the hell he thinks? He THINKS that they still THINK he can play everyday in the majors. I would ask him what he actually thinks, but I already know.

Secondly, that's some great deep thinking there Ozzie. He can either play everyday in the big leagues, or he can be a backup player in the big leagues. As far as the big leagues are concerned, there really aren't many other roles a player can take on.

and atleast he finally got sent down. He needs everyday playing time, and sitting on his ass isn't going to do anything at all.