Anderson sent down to AAA

joeynach

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I love how a demotion to AAA to get him AB's has fans thinking the sox are giving up on a #1 draft choice.

I just tend to think that he's in Ozzie's doghouse beyond the point of return, so either Ozzie goes or Brian goes, and Ozzie's not going anywhere.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if him declining to go to winter ball again this year played into him being sent to AAA.

If KW lets this Ozzie vs xxxx bulls*** continue, especially with Anderson then he might as quit his job if he's letting Ozzie manage and run the team.

He traded Rowand and Young because Anderson was the future CF. If Anderson is gone that is pure shame on KW's part.

Reading my thoughts.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 06:25 AM)
How is OK to assume those guys will make an impact in the future yet we can't do that with Lance Broadway or Egbert? Total hypocrisy.

:lolhitting

First off, I've never discounted Egbert. Second, to believe Broadway is destined for anything in the major leagues resembling an "impact" is to discount his minor league track statistics. He's essentially a soft-tossing righthander without control.

Don't forget about his back, either.

The signature continues. I'm sorry.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I love how a demotion to AAA to get him AB's has fans thinking the sox are giving up on a #1 draft choice.

Actually, they gave up on him the day they made him our 4th outfielder, imo.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
First off, I've never discounted Egbert. Second, to believe Broadway is destined for anything in the major leagues resembling an "impact" is to discount his minor league track statistics. He's essentially a soft-tossing righthander without control.

I'm not optimistic about Broadway either. But if by "without control" you mean he walks too many people I don't think that's true. He was at 2.33 BB/9 last season. It's not terrible and compares favorably with what Garland did in the minors (although he was younger). Broadway unfotunately doesn't miss many bats: over a hit per inning and the K's people at a Gavin Floyd-like pace. I think PECOTA projected him as a 5.5 ERA in the bigs. Sort of surprising, but if true that's actually 5th starter material in the AL. Again, I don't see it happening, but there it is.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
:lolhitting

Don't forget about his back, either.

The signature continues. I'm sorry.

Just remember who's driving the Egbert bus. :cheers

Do you see Broadway as Felix Diaz, without the spicy Latin flavor there, Flash? :D

Best case scenario here is he rakes in Charlotte, and either forces the Sox's hand in recalling him (very unlikely) or building up his value enough so a team like Florida which needs a young center fielder, will decide to give up some young pitching for him.

But I think the Sox really have to look at how they handle young players close to the majors, after seeing what has happened with Brian Anderson, and with his attitude.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
But I think the Sox really have to look at how they handle young players close to the majors, after seeing what has happened with Brian Anderson, and with his attitude.

and Brandon McCarthy and Sean Tracey and to some extent Boone Logan. Danks he's handled very well so far, but I'm not sure any manager would have a problem handling John Danks, because the kid has an outstanding head on his shoulders and he is easily the exception over the rule. There's also Bobby Jenks, but again, most players don't come up and throw a 100 MPH fastball with a curveball that goes 86 and drops 3 feet.

I want to see how Ozzie handles Sweeney, Fields, Gio, and Logan/Floyd/Haeger/Broadway in the very near future. Those are 4-5 players (I consider that foursome as one or two, because I don't see any way that all 4 make it with the Sox) are all likely to play significant roles within the organization in the next 2 years, and I want to see how he handles them.

Best case scenario here is he rakes in Charlotte, and either forces the Sox's hand in recalling him (very unlikely) or building up his value enough so a team like Florida which needs a young center fielder, will decide to give up some young pitching for him.

i completely agree, i posted this over at SSS

i think we see Brian get dealt to the Marlins. His attitude would fit well in that club house, and there are a ton of beautiful woman in south beach.

For his line @ AAA i say .333/.383/.513 before he gets shipped off to the contending marlins.

In all seriousness though the nl east is tightly packed race and its all about who pitches and catches it, the marlins can certainly pitch, with Hermedia coming back from the DL shortly, Brian and him would form a very strong defensive core down in Miami to help aid that young staff. I still think he develops into that 270-280 hitter with 25/30 HR.

The marlins have a ton of pitching depth ahead of these two (#12 & #11 respectively by mvn and #15 & #13 by Sickels) and i can see us getting them for BA.

The following come to mind:

* 23yr old RHP Jacob Marceaux @ A+ Scouting Report

* 22yr old RHP Rick Vanden Hurk @ AA Scouting Report

Marceaux is a bit old for his level and is repeating it, not because he was horrid last year(3.99EEA, 1.40WHIP); but because their is a logjam of pitching talent in their system & they changed his delivery back to its original form, he has also been moved to the pen.

Vaden Hurk just made his ml debut and had mix results 12.75ERA, 2.42WHIP in 12IP, he walked 10, but he struck out 15. Its pretty apparent he is raw and was brought up out of an emergency. If he can't make it as a starter it would be foolish to say his "stuff" can't play out of the pen.

The White Sox need Anderson to get his swing and aggressiveness back in Charlotte. Erstad has had a wonderful start but his track record says he will go down for some injury sooner or later. Brian Anderson is still the best option in the organization. They just have to get him untracked.

QUOTE(TLAK @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:23 AM)
The White Sox need Anderson to get his swing and aggressiveness back in Charlotte. Erstad has had a wonderful start but his track record says he will go down for some injury sooner or later. Brian Anderson is still the best option in the organization. They just have to get him untracked.

If Erstad goes down, Sweeney will be the starting CF for the Sox. Anderson is done in Chicago. So far, Anderson hasn't done anything to demonstrate that Guillen isn't right about him not being a major league player. Although I certainly wish he would have.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
If Erstad goes down, Sweeney will be the starting CF for the Sox. Anderson is done in Chicago. So far, Anderson hasn't done anything to demonstrate that Guillen isn't right about him not being a major league player. Although I certainly wish he would have.

I think he's probably already reached the point where, if he is going to make it in the majors, it won't be with the Sox. The best thing for the team to do would probably be to let him go to AAA, hope he hits there, and then trade him when the stock goes up a bit.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:17 AM)
and Brandon McCarthy and Sean Tracey and to some extent Boone Logan.

huh?

BMAC has proved so far that his only good performances were under the White Sox umbrella. We apparently developed and maintained the kid, whilst he goes to Texas and falls apart. Sean Tracey is a nothing prospect, he never was going to make it. Boone Logan was taught a sidearm delivery, jumped from A ball to the majors and has now started to get MLB hitters out. How is that poor management of a young player?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
huh?

BMAC has proved so far that his only good performances were under the White Sox umbrella. We apparently developed and maintained the kid, whilst he goes to Texas and falls apart. Sean Tracey is a nothing prospect, he never was going to make it. Boone Logan was taught a sidearm delivery, jumped from A ball to the majors and has now started to get MLB hitters out. How is that poor management of a young player?

Perhaps it was the league adjusting to him, but I think with a case like McCarthy, it was both Ozzie and KW. Javier Vazquez, as much of a "luxury" as he was, stunted the development of Brandon McCarthy as a starting pitcher. However, it's not as though Ozzie couldn't have gotten McCarthy 3 starts in a row in at some point last year by putting Vazquez, Garcia, or Buehrle on the DL with fatigue or even a phantom injury. The McCarthy trade itself has turned out to be fantastic, but McCarthy, when a member of the White Sox, really seemed to have his development stunted in 2006.

Tracey is quite obvious, because even if he won't be a long term MLB player, I still don't see how he can't be a reliever at some point in time. He has a funny looking motion, but pitchers have had s***ty motions and succeeded in the past. Ozzie just throwing him under the bus for not hitting Kinsler or Blalock or whoever it was killed the kids confidence and any chance he had of becoming a member of the White Sox.

And everyone remembers Boone against Hafner last year, but why did Ozzie leave him in for 3 innings against Detroit in that 6-2 loss? He was toast by his 3rd inning of work, and who knows what would have happened if Zumaya would have come in with a 4-0 lead and still ended up putting 3-4 men on base.

Basically, I still see Ozzie being bad at developing young talent, because his track record agrees with exactly that.

QUOTE(specmotors @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
I think he's probably already reached the point where, if he is going to make it in the majors, it won't be with the Sox. The best thing for the team to do would probably be to let him go to AAA, hope he hits there, and then trade him when the stock goes up a bit.

I tend to agree, though I don't at all like how the Sox arrived at that point.

By the way, welcome to Soxtalk!

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
Tracey is quite obvious, because even if he won't be a long term MLB player, I still don't see how he can't be a reliever at some point in time. He has a funny looking motion, but pitchers have had s***ty motions and succeeded in the past. Ozzie just throwing him under the bus for not hitting Kinsler or Blalock or whoever it was killed the kids confidence and any chance he had of becoming a member of the White Sox.

No offense, but for his sake I hope there is more to it than just that. If the kid is that mentally weak, he wasn't going to be a major league pitcher for long anyway.