If you had to choose one player for the rest of his career.....

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
Without considering who the manager is or anything like that, who would you take, Brian Anderson or Jeremy Reed?

This should be fun.

Mods, could you please put a poll in, thanks.

I've defended Erstad for most of the first month and I would still pick Anderson and not hesitate on that one, if he were with another organization.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
I was a much bigger fan of Reed than Anderson. Reed's had a longer chance to prove himself a failure, but I think I'm still more in his corner.

It's also easier to cheer for the Rowands/Reeds of the world, the underdogs, the players that might not be as physically gifted but who get everything possible out of their talent...than the first-round draft picks who have all the ability in the world but never put it together, for a multitude of reasons.

Buehrle's the perfect example, very low draft pick, community college, grinder, not blessed with natural ability above and beyond many posters here, lol.

That's why MB is the heart and soul of the franchise, and the player that JR is MOST likely be "break the bank" to keep in Chicago...not Crede or Dye.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:00 AM)
It's also easier to cheer for the Rowands/Reeds of the world, the underdogs, the players that might not be as physically gifted but who get everything possible out of their talent...than the first-round draft picks who have all the ability in the world but never put it together, for a multitude of reasons.

Reed was a 2nd round pick, so let's not act like he was a nothing who just worked his ass off to get where he is. Obviously he had to work hard, but there's talent there too, especially if he was one of the top 60 players in the country drafted when he was.