Talk about bad luck

Texsox

An Afghan tribesman with an uncanny resemblance to Osama bin Laden has now been arrested twice, both times following reported sightings and massive manhunts for the al Qaeda leader, Pakistani intelligence officials tell ABC News. Over six feet tall and with the same angular nose as bin Laden, Sher Akbar comes from an Afghan village, Bagh e Metal, in an area where U.S. officials believe bin Laden has been hiding.

Bin Laden is believed to be six feet four inches to six feet six inches tall and weigh 160 pounds. He is 50 years old.

The most recent arrest of bin Laden's near-twin came after Afghani officials reported informants saw bin Laden moving across the border into Pakistan, near the town of Chitral.

"We arrested this man as a result of this investigation, but it's not who you might think it is," a senior Pakistani intelligence official told ABC News, providing a photograph to make his point.

More and Pics here

Wow, that is an amazing resemblance. Osama probably should have that guy trail him around as a decoy, if he doesnt already.

So how do they tell them apart? Are they just questioning this guy? Some sort of DNA test?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Wow, that is an amazing resemblance. Osama probably should have that guy trail him around as a decoy, if he doesnt already.

So how do they tell them apart? Are they just questioning this guy? Some sort of DNA test?

I know what it's like. I hate having paparazzi following me everywhere thinking I'm Brad Pitt.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:03 PM)
I know what it's like. I hate having paparazzi following me everywhere thinking I'm Brad Pitt.

And here I was thinking we had a famous poster on Soxtalk. Your natural good looks are just unfortunate. :P

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ May 1, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
I didnt read the article, I was just wondering if this guy is the same height as Bin Laden. Isnt Bin Laden abnormally tall?

binny is 6'4" this guy is "over 6 foot"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
WOW! Whatever diet he is on, he needs to market it in the US... He would have some serious Jihad cash from it. :bang

Thats the 1st thing that caught my attention as well. I had no clue he was that tall.