Post Your Questions for Gio Gonzalez and Jack Egbert!

Heads22

Paul Kennedy, the Birmingham media relations director, has agreed to take some time out of his buys schedule and ask some questions of Gio and Jack for us. We'd like to extend the opportunity to get some questions in for two top Sox pitching prospects.

Give us your best!

Also, try and get any questions in in the next few days.

Gio:

When you were traded from the White Sox, did Kenny ever give you an indication you would be back with the club?

Everybody knows about your curve, but what can you tell us about your fastball in terms of velocity and movement?

Jack:

What is your outpitch?

What has been the reason for tremendous success in the minors without prototypical "great" stuff?

For both:

What's your plan on the mound? How do you go about attacking a hitter?

What are some things you need to improve on to make it to the majors?

What pitches do you throw and how confident are you in each of them?

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 1, 2007 -> 05:04 AM)
What pitches do you throw and how confident are you in each of them?

Just wanted to emphasize this. It needs to be asked, especially so for Eggy, but for Gio as well.

For Gio: Everyone knows about your great breaking pitch, but how confident are you in throwing your other pitches (fastball, changeup) in a 3-2 count?

What is your outpitch?

What major league pitcher would you compare yourself to?

Egbert:

What enables you to get so many groundball outs? Does your fastball just have a natural sink or two-seam action to it, or are you working with a splitter-type pitch?

Do you model yourself after any specific pitcher?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:08 AM)
-Without burning any bridges, what was the difference between the Sox and Philly organizations?

I really like this question too. I don't know if this is what Tony was going for, but I'd be interested in knowing if there is a difference in what the organizations stress/teach?

For Gio:

Do you feel more pressure to perform knowing that you are a top prospect and that you've been traded for one of the best sluggers in the game along with a pitcher who has been a very good pitcher in the league before?

For Eg:

What has it been like coming out as a mid-round pick to become a very promising prospect in the White Sox organization?

Alright for real questions:

For Gio: Some people believe that your small stature is a disadvantage, do you see it as one?

For both of them: Both you guys and Adam Russell have been pitching extremely well so far this year, do you guys have any friendly competition going?

Edited by Rowand44

For either or both of them. I'll give the hard one I'm interested in and worried about.

Recently, a number of White Sox prospects have had trouble adapting and fitting in at the big league levels. I.e. Brandon McCarthy, Brian Anderson, Sean Tracey, etc. Have you paid any attention to the situations involving these players, has the organization said anything to you about them, and have you any reaction to the way the organization has dealt with them?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Just make sure you ask a general question to each of them where they quickly discuss there arsenal of pitches.

Way to ignore the other pinned thread.

:P

To both, who is the funniest guy in the minor leagues right now in the Sox system?

If you weren't a baseball player, what would you be doing?

What was it like being in major league camp this year?

What baseball player did you idolize growing up?