White Sox vs. Mariners, 5/1/07 (L)

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
I don't want to know what you do on the weekends...

:P

It's usually b**** about his team endlessly to the point my family hates me.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:18 AM)
he of fifteen pitches and disgusting deception

"You daggum right 15 pitches. I tell ya, DJ, the way he throws his breaking ball from the different motions, I'd hate to be those hitters. You combine that with the chilly temperatures that only the Sox have to deal with and mercy, you got a great pitcher. Don't tell me how much you win, tell me when you win it, and this guy does just that. MERCY, another bloop hit, daggumit!"

This inning is going to be less than a minute-and-a-half long. PATHETIC!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:21 AM)
Vazquez will probably tease everyone with a few more strikeouts tonight. It will be enough for some to continue to be excited about him, but he is just an average at best pitcher. He was below .500 last year on a team that won 90 games and he had the lead in all but 3 or 4 of his starts.

Interesting article on Chris Young in Baseball America. He's going to be a special player.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vazquez will probably tease everyone with a few more strikeouts tonight. It will be enough for some to continue to be excited about him, but he is just an average at best pitcher. He was below .500 last year on a team that won 90 games and he had the lead in all but 3 or 4 of his starts.

So it was all Vazquez's fault when Jenks blew the save and got the loss in Baltimore? Funny how that works. How many times in those games that the Sox have lead were they up 1-0 after the first, or had the bullpen blow the lead and/or game?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)
So it was all Vazquez's fault when Jenks blew the save and got the loss in Baltimore? Funny how that works. How many times in those games that the Sox have lead were they up 1-0 after the first, or had the bullpen blow the lead and/or game?

Didn't Vazquez tank in the 6th inning of that game, and then the Sox got the lead in the 8th on a Dye blast? That was a game where we had a lead of a few runs, and Vazquez/Cotts just blew up in the usual way.

I'm coming to realize that resigning Podsednik wasn't the only bad move this winter. This bench was horribly constructed. You can't do a whole lot about Hall getting hurt, but you cannot have Cintron/Ozuna/Mackowiak all on the same team. I would love to have a Casey Blake on this team right now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:21 AM)

A little disturbing that his fastball now sits at 90-91 mph, compared with the 93-94 mph it was a few years ago.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't Vazquez tank in the 6th inning of that game, and then the Sox got the lead in the 8th on a Dye blast? That was a game where we had a lead of a few runs, and Vazquez/Cotts just blew up in the usual way.

Yes, but you can't pin it ALL on Vazquez or use it against him when the bullpen blows two leads in the same game.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
I'm coming to realize that resigning Podsednik wasn't the only bad move this winter. This bench was horribly constructed. You can't do a whole lot about Hall getting hurt, but you cannot have Cintron/Ozuna/Mackowiak all on the same team. I would love to have a Casey Blake on this team right now.

Here's the problem....Cintron has to be on the team because you don't have a back-up SS. I was really hoping we'd trade Mackowiak and create room for Eduardo Perez. Of course, KW's only good signing this offseason, Toby Hall, was ruined. I don't see how we won't continue to get shut down by the usual LHP in our division.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
Interesting article on Chris Young in Baseball America. He's going to be a special player.

I still think KW is high on Anderson. Young is going to be a nice player. I still don't understand signing Vazquez to an extension when you have him under control for 2 seasons. Especially when its a team's policy not to go more than 3 years with pitchers.