B-Ball O v. D

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather

• Score 50
    • Hold Kobe to 4 pts

I was thinking about Jordan and Pippen and how their defense was amazing night after night. Someone asked MJ if he could have stopped himself. All he could do was laugh.

Is holding Kobe to 4 points ever going to be an option?

Honestly, if you can hold down the opposing teams leading scorer to under his average, you have a good chance of winning any game, regardless of how much you score for yourself.

This is EASY. Any idiot can get hot in a game (I scored 41 points in an 8th grade game, for instance, and I'm nothing at basketball), but to stop a great player and hold them to next to nothing defensively involves minimum luck and maximum skill. Defense all the way.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:51 AM)
Since we are a rather self selecting sample (sports junkies) I shouldn't have been surprised with the early results. I wonder what the average fans would say?

I dont know, maybe you should post this poll on WSI and find out? :D

i keed i keed

Edited by kyyle23

While the points are always more memorable for the fans, as a player, I love it when I can execute great defense. I sucked at basketball in general, but played pretty good defense. In tennis, I loved it if I was able to return a great smash or a wicked serve. And as much as I liked spiking in volleyball, the look on people's faces when I dug out what they thought was a sure point was priceless.