The Greg Walker Lynch mob thread

CWSOX45

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
Are you sure about that? I thought they were middle of the pack instead of at the bottom. It would be difficult to finish 3rd in runs scored overall for the season if you're basically at the bottom for one half.

We scored over 500 runs in the first half. That is insane. Our 2nd half offense blew dog. We were behind the Royals in offense in the 2nd half.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
When everyone on the team is having the same problems, you need to look at the common factors.

Greg thinks these guys have great mechanics now and has retooled several players' swings in the past to be homerun swings (which sent their ability to hit line drives into the gutter). He is just not a good hitting coach.

It takes more than a day or two to rework a swing. He should have been gone last off season. Either way could spell disaster, I prefer to think of this as a slump, it happens to every team, every season. 2005 it happened late. Switching coaches everytime they slump and we'll have the 2007 Edition of College of Coaches.

But hey, I'm a conservative guy :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
We scored over 500 runs in the first half. That is insane. Our 2nd half offense blew dog. We were behind the Royals in offense in the 2nd half.

Which is why it's comical that Hawk always stated the team never hit its stride last year. They had a stretch for a few months to start the year where about 7 of the 9 regulars were overachieving. People forget we had a 6 game lead at the ASB in the wild card.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)
Ward was having a lot of personal issues with players. Most couldn't stand him. They like Walker. I would be absolutely shocked if the White Sox canned Walker, at least during the season.

I liked our CIO, he was a great guy. Everyone got along with him, and he was great. We had an HR survey, and voted him best boss to work for. Our CEO fired him a month ago.

Do you think that KW is going to tank this year over a hitting coach. Do you think that they want to go into the dumper after investing 100 million in a team that just started getting people back to the park. Come on.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
It takes more than a day or two to rework a swing. He should have been gone last off season. Either way could spell disaster, I prefer to think of this as a slump, it happens to every team, every season. 2005 it happened late. Switching coaches everytime they slump and we'll have the 2007 Edition of College of Coaches.

But hey, I'm a conservative guy :D

Why did we fire Von Joshua then. He was a nice guy. Maybe he should still be here. Why did we get rid of Manuel. Nardi should still be here also.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
I liked our CIO, he was a great guy. Everyone got along with him, and he was great. We had an HR survey, and voted him best boss to work for. Our CEO fired him a month ago.

Do you think that KW is going to tank this year over a hitting coach. Do you think that they want to go into the dumper after investing 100 million in a team that just started getting people back to the park. Come on.

Like was posted above, the team with the same hitting coach led the world in runs scored the first half of last season. I find it hard to believe Greg Walker is the reason Konerko is hitting .180. Dye is hitting .215 AJ .215 Crede the same. All of these guys have had great offensive seasons with Walker has the hitting coach. KW is not going to wax him, and he shouldn't .

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Like was posted above, the team with the same hitting coach led the world in runs scored the first half of last season. I find it hard to believe Greg Walker is the reason Konerko is hitting .180. Dye is hitting .215 AJ .215 Crede the same. All of these guys have had great offensive seasons with Walker has the hitting coach. KW is not going to wax him, and he shouldn't .

So then that begs the question...what should be done? Should we just ride out this cold streak and be willing to sacrifice the season if it goes on for a couple more weeks while Thome is out?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
So then that begs the question...what should be done? Should we just ride out this cold streak and be willing to sacrifice the season if it goes on for a couple more weeks while Thome is out?

That is the heart of the question. Would the next coach be able to fix all the problems in less time? Would his approach be any better? I haven't seen where Walker has lost their trust, would Dye turn his swing over to another coach because K-Dub* thinks the next guy is better? If the new guy doesn't turn it around in a couple weeks and the team is still within striking distance, do they switch again?

I kind of like the K-Dub for Kenny Williams. :D

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)

I have a hard time believing Konerko, Dye, AJ, Crede et al will continue to struggle like this much longer, and I have a harder time thinking that telling Walker to go back to Georgia will suddenly make these guys hit. You either make some trades for different players or ride it out. If these guys have regressed offensively as much as they have shown, the team isn't going to win anyway.

You know what's a really clinical, brutal way to see a game like this? Like I did today, on MLB live. You'd watch the Sox batter come up, watch the pitches scroll by on the bottom of the screen, watch the out get registered. Over and over and over again. Like a bad movie.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 2, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
You know what's a really clinical, brutal way to see a game like this? Like I did today, on MLB live. You'd watch the Sox batter come up, watch the pitches scroll by on the bottom of the screen, watch the out get registered. Over and over and over again. Like a bad movie.

:notworthy

:)

:huh:

:unsure:

:o

:crying

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
The Sox haven't scored a run that wasn't on a HR in 37 innings.

I was trying to figure out that sad calculation. Now I know. How pathetic. :o

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
I take it this is the post game thread.

What can you say -- Batista was throwing pure filth up at the plate. And, according to Hawk, his innate ability to locate pitches inside to righthanded hitters was too much to overcome.

TIP YOUR CAPS!

Hawk thinks everyone who beats us is Cy Young :angry: :hawk: