White Sox loser

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have traded Crede at peak value. Not that it matters, the whole offense sucks right now and that wouldn't be a huge thing, but just a thought. Oh, and Jermaine Dye, enjoy your new paper wherever you end up. How many solid SP efforts can one team waste?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
This was the first, non Johan Santana stated game, that I felt we had no chance to win since the 2005 season started. I don't know how our organization expects to win games right now with the lineup we're trotting out.

To me it's not even the lineup, it's the approach. Everyone is trying to hit a homerun. With the pitching the sox have been getting and the opportunities given to the offense, the Sox should be winning more of these games.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
To me it's not even the lineup, it's the approach. Everyone is trying to hit a homerun. With the pitching the sox have been getting and the opportunities given to the offense, the Sox should be winning more of these games.

no tonight it was the lineup. Luis Terrero, Pablo Ozuna, and Rob Mackowiak should never be in the lineup at the same time of a $100 million team.

We need to change the make up of our team. 2005 is looooong gone. Firing Walker is not enough. Our offense has been HR or nothin. We need to get hitters that make contact and hit pitches the way they are thrown to them.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
like i said, a lot you guys complain about almost every move he makes. and a lot of the time you guys are way off base.

i need to stop reading the game threads

I still think that Konerko, Dye, and Crede will turn it around. That being said our 1-2 still sucks and there will be a lot of solo homers.

SSS is fully on the Fire Greg Walker bandwagon.

June 1 is the deadline for Kenny. If there's continued inaction until then, I'll begin calling for his head. He probably has more to do with this teams failure than Mr. Walker, but he's not going anywhere after a month of bad baseball during which the Sox somehow managed a .500 record.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)

Agreed. Take Crede - his only swing is a home run chop right now. I admittedly only saw part of the game last night, but he hit a pop out to center, and I thought the bat would have gone flying out of his hands farther than the ball would. That's fine for Thome, but everyone else should be able to hit defensively too.

I'm for a major change - be it a trade or a firing. Enough is enough.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)
Ozzie did what now?

Letting Vazquez start the 8th inning was stupid, as was playing Mackowiak over Erstad. We have a lot of days off this week, so I can't see how resting Erstad for 3 out of 4 days is a good move when he's the only one showing life at the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
Letting Vazquez start the 8th inning was stupid, as was playing Mackowiak over Erstad. We have a lot of days off this week, so I can't see how resting Erstad for 3 out of 4 days is a good move when he's the only one showing life at the plate.

When you have s*** players to deal with, you put out s*** lineups...this one is on Kenny Williams and the minor league staff.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)

Maybe because its a 10 day road trip?

Ozzie did nothing wrong last night, the team did.