White Sox loser

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:22 AM)
- Thome for Rowand is a bust. Rowand is a hard-nosed CF and hotter than s**t right now. We haven’t had a complete out field since. Come to think of it, we haven’t made the playoffs since.

Give me a break. You would trade our best hitter for Aaron Rowand? It sucks having grinderstad and pods in the outifield, but you have to be on crack to trade Thome for Rowand.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)
Give me a break. You would trade our best hitter for Aaron Rowand? It sucks having grinderstad and pods in the outifield, but you have to be on crack to trade Thome for Rowand.

Your what hurts?

This is so ridiculous as to be almost beyond comprehension.

One month of a hot Aaron Rowand doesn't equal Jim Thome's presence in the line-up. Actually, his absence is showing exactly how valuable his presence is...

QUOTE(soxfan72 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:22 AM)
- Thome for Rowand is a bust. Rowand is a hard-nosed CF and hotter than s**t right now. We haven’t had a complete out field since. Come to think of it, we haven’t made the playoffs since.

:crying

I agree with you on the Thome trade. After we won, we won with clutch hitting and pitching. Then KW traded for Thome and the dynamics change that KW want HR again. KW conflicted himself by getting a HR player instead of a doubles guy for example in Overbay.

QUOTE(bulokis @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
I agree with you on the Thome trade. After we won, we won with clutch hitting and pitching. Then KW traded for Thome and the dynamics change that KW want HR again. KW conflicted himself by getting a HR player instead of a doubles guy for example in Overbay.

On base and slugging percentage is overrated. People tend to forget how much Rowand sucked at the end of 2005 and during 2006.

QUOTE(bulokis @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)

I'll take the 90 points SLG and 44 points OBP you get with Thome over a gap hitter like Overbay especially since the money is about even. I'll also take Thome's ability to create 120+ runs per season as opposed to Overbay's inconsistent 80-100.

I do agree though Aaron Rowand is a much more productive offensive player than Thome, that was a pretty terrible trade. Despite the fact that it takes Rowand 2 seasons (72, 50) to create as many runs as Thome does in 1. (122)

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
Big picture? You mean not having to have a starter throw an extra 20 pitches. Vazquez has thrown a ton of pitches over his career, and you're alrady seeing signs of his stuff declining. His fastball was in the 89-91 mph range last night. I really never thought I'd see the day where Mark Buehrle was throwing 2 mph slower than Vazquez and Contreras.

Once again, dont read the comcast gun. Javy was above 90 the whole night.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
Once again, dont read the comcast gun. Javy was above 90 the whole night.

Fair enough, but that must mean that Buehrle is throwing 93 mph because he's been 2 mph slower than Contreras when pitching at the Cell (which you'd assume is the same gun). I'm pretty confident in Vazquez. Contreras is the pitcher who I worry won't make it through this season due to being ineffective.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:11 PM)
Um, we haven't exactly been chewing it up even with Thome in the lineup so enough of the "It's because Thome's out!" arguments.

No, it's not enough of it. The offense is absolutely horrid right now by and large because Thome is out.

Show me one hitter in the lineup that's hitting well right now. The only two you can make a case for are Erstad, because he's been hitting about .300 over the past two weeks (but he's still at .309/.371/.680 on the year, so he hasn't been outstanding) and Iguchi, because he's leading the team in walks (other than Thome, of course) and is actually putting up a respectable OPS of .754. And, by all accounts, neither of those two are hitting well either, so no, nobody is hitting well. Thome was. It's pretty simply addition and subtraction to see what the offense is going to do once Thome is out of the lineup.

I never figured I'd say that Tadahito Iguchi would have the leading OPS of any player on the active roster, but it's a true and sad fact. You put Thome back into this lineup, and it brings it to respectability.

For people to criticize Thome in any extent through any of this is a friggin joke. He and Podsednik have been the only players to do anything at all positively this year, and Podsednik went on the shelf two weeks into the season.

I keep seeing this thread title of "White Sox Loser" and was wondering if Hawk and DJ could ditch the "Pick to Click" thing and have a daily "White Sox Loser" recipient. Would sound like this:

Hawk: DJ, tonight I'm going to pick Paulie as my White Sox Loser. I predict he will go 0-4 with 2 GIDP and 6 LOB.

DJ: I'll have to go with the same guy 3 games straight....Joe Crede.

Hawk: Jim Angio and the crew are going with AJ as their White Sox Loser.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 2, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
People are STILL paying attention to the gun on Sox games? No matter what channel we are on, that gun is WAY off. Come on guys, your smarter than that.

Doesn't matter about the gun then as comparing the velocity to other starters (using the same gun).

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
I keep seeing this thread title of "White Sox Loser" and was wondering if Hawk and DJ could ditch the "Pick to Click" thing and have a daily "White Sox Loser" recipient. Would sound like this:

Hawk: DJ, tonight I'm going to pick Paulie as my White Sox Loser. I predict he will go 0-4 with 2 GIDP and 6 LOB.

DJ: I'll have to go with the same guy 3 games straight....Joe Crede.

Hawk: Jim Angio and the crew are going with AJ as their White Sox Loser.

I like where you're going with this.

(Konerko pops out)

Hawk: And with every Konerko suicide shrug Alex Snelius will donate another $100 to White Sox charities in loving memory of wife, Ursula. As of this season, Alex has donated an approximate one million dollars.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
I like where you're going with this.

(Konerko pops out)

Hawk: And with every Konerko suicide shrug Alex Snelius will donate another $100 to White Sox charities in loving memory of wife, Ursula. As of this season, Alex has donated an approximate one million dollars.

Heh. Nice one.

Also, I can't help but to giggle every time I hear the name Alex Snelius.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
Doesn't matter about the gun then as comparing the velocity to other starters (using the same gun).

Well Morrow was only throwing 94 on the comcast gun, and so was thorton, they both throw 97 consistently and sometimes harder.

Its been off all year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Well Morrow was only throwing 94 on the comcast gun, and so was thorton, they both throw 97 consistently and sometimes harder.

Its been off all year.

It's been off on Comcast since they started broadcasting Sox games. Not sure about WGN, seems like thats off a lot.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
We ruin another good outing by the 21 year old rookie.

The main thing to look forward to the rest of this year if we continue to suck is the development of Danks. That at least gives us something to look forward to every 5th game.