White Sox loser

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Maybe because its a 10 day road trip?

Ozzie did nothing wrong last night, the team did.

I don't think anyone blamed Ozzie for this team losing. Letting Vazquez start the 8th just reminded too many of us about the s*** that Ozzie pulled last year. However, pretty much everyone agreed that this team just sucks in virtually every aspect right now (except for starting pitching).

Edited by fathom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)
Ozzie did nothing wrong.

3-2 B8 and a really solid pen which hadn't worked in three days and is off tomorrow. May as well use them.

Gullien has a tendancy to leave guys in for one hitter to long and rely on the L/R thing way to much.

This was a questionable move but not terrible. Pinch hitting Cintron for Ozuna.........

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)
3-2 B8 and a really solid pen which hadn't worked in three days and is off tomorrow. May as well use them.

Gullien has a tendancy to leave guys in for one hitter to long and rely on the L/R thing way to much.

This was a questionable move but not terrible. Pinch hitting Cintron for Ozuna.........

Id rather just see the kids come up at this point.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)

and Vaz at 105 pitches....This was just the case of Ozzie trying to get his starter a win. Some agree with it and some disagree with it.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:59 AM)
Leaving Vazquez in was very questionable. This loss isn't on Ozzie, though.

Maybe switch up the lineup, who knows, hell let Boone play DH, just try anything.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
and Vaz at 105 pitches....This was just the case of Ozzie trying to get his starter a win. Some agree with it and some disagree with it.

I like when Ozzie does this, it really helps the pitchers confidence. Thank god for our pitching!

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
I'm sure it really helped Vazquez last year when he'd leave him in for an inning too long and let him implode.

He has already shown he has gotten past his "6th inning" implosion this year. Bringin up the past year is such a stupid idea, if its not the case right now.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:04 AM)
He has already shown he has gotten past his "6th inning" implosion this year. Bringin up the past year is such a stupid idea, if its not the case right now.

Look what happened yesterday. He stuck him out there, Javy had nothing, walked a guy, and was responsible for another run.

How does that help his confidence?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)

It's still too early in the year to start stating players have overcome anything. At this point in previous years, Vazquez and Todd Ritchie were sub 3 ERA pitchers.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
Look what happened yesterday. He stuck him out there, Javy had nothing, got hit around, and was responsible for another run.

He was still pitching fine and who cares the odds of us getting a run after the 7th was zero to none anyways.

big picture

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
He was still pitching fine and who cares the odds of us getting a run after the 7th was zero to none anyways.

big picture

Big picture? You mean not having to have a starter throw an extra 20 pitches. Vazquez has thrown a ton of pitches over his career, and you're alrady seeing signs of his stuff declining. His fastball was in the 89-91 mph range last night. I really never thought I'd see the day where Mark Buehrle was throwing 2 mph slower than Vazquez and Contreras.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
Big picture? You mean not having to have a starter throw an extra 20 pitches. Vazquez has thrown a ton of pitches over his career, and you're alrady seeing signs of his stuff declining. His fastball was in the 89-91 mph range last night. I really never thought I'd see the day where Mark Buehrle was throwing 2 mph slower than Vazquez and Contreras.

good point, yikes

Previously when I’ve criticized Walker I get slammed on this site. So here I go again.

Enough of this guy. Our hitting approach has sucked for years. The all or nothing hitting approach only works when the sluggers are hot. The rest of the time anemia sets in.

Walker has got to go.

Of course, KW is to blame for this mess. He’s the boss. But I give KW a pass since our sluggers got hot at the right time in ’05!

However, I am more disappointed in KW for several moves dating back to:

- Letting Tony G. get away – sure he booted that ball in Boston but I’m a huge fan of Tony.

- Thome for Rowand is a bust. Rowand is a hard-nosed CF and hotter than s**t right now. We haven’t had a complete out field since. Come to think of it, we haven’t made the playoffs since.

- Gload to KC is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. Trading the best contact hitter on the club and a LH hitter to boot. Bet Ozzie wishes he had Ross now. KC must be laughing their arse off.

:crying

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
Look what happened yesterday. He stuck him out there, Javy had nothing, walked a guy, and was responsible for another run.

Look what happened with Buehrle pitching the Royals game...nobody wanted him coming out for the 7th.(I won't list posts from the game thread) All he did was get 2 strikeouts throwing 9 pitches in a 1-2-3 inning.

I personally didn't want Ozzie bringing Javy out last night, but it's a crap shoot. He gives the benefit of the doubt to the pitchers. I don't always agree, but it probably evens out over the course of the year as far as it working and not working.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
What exactly are the positives surrounding this team? We have a decent pitching staff....that's about it. No speed, no fundamentals, aging veterans, mediocre defense.

Agreed, we are the MLB version of the Heat, old and crappy.

dont forget s***ty scouts.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
What exactly are the positives surrounding this team? We have a decent pitching staff....that's about it. No speed, no fundamentals, aging veterans, mediocre defense.

But we have a power bullpen! (I like the arms we have, but they are giving up too many big runs this year)

I don't know what direction this organization is going with the offense, but since the start of the 2nd half last year, they all seemed to have aged about 5 years. Just not a lot of bat speed. You figure that next year, we'll have Thome, PK, and AJP in the lineup for sure. After that, there's going to be a lot of other changes. On the bright side, at least it's fun to see Danks develop in front of our very eyes.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
But we have a power bullpen! (I like the arms we have, but they are giving up too many big runs this year)

I don't know what direction this organization is going with the offense, but since the start of the 2nd half last year, they all seemed to have aged about 5 years. Just not a lot of bat speed. You figure that next year, we'll have Thome, PK, and AJP in the lineup for sure. After that, there's going to be a lot of other changes. On the bright side, at least it's fun to see Danks develop in front of our very eyes.

Until Danks has a complete meltdown when he is 0-18, because his team has given him 10 combine runs in 25 starts.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
Look what happened with Buehrle pitching the Royals game...nobody wanted him coming out for the 7th.(I won't list posts from the game thread) All he did was get 2 strikeouts throwing 9 pitches in a 1-2-3 inning.

I personally didn't want Ozzie bringing Javy out last night, but it's a crap shoot. He gives the benefit of the doubt to the pitchers. I don't always agree, but it probably evens out over the course of the year as far as it working and not working.

2005 it worked well.....2006, his pitching decisions were a disaster....20007 = too early to tell