White Sox loser

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Danks has surpassed alot of expectations already this season.

Yes, it's nice to see him getting hitters out. I didn't expect anything below a 5. Basically, my biggest wish was to see that he can be someone we can put into the rotation for the next 5 years.

Did I really just hear a guy call into the postgame show saying the Sox still don't have a 5th starter?

"AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A 5th STARTER!!" - Asshat Caller

"Danks has been pitching pretty well." - PFB

"HE'S 0 and 4!!" - Asshat Caller

And he was completely serious. Wow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
Did I really just hear a guy call into the postgame show saying the Sox still don't have a 5th starter?

Some people are just inherently stupid.

Sorry, if your fifth starter only gives up 3 runs, you're in a good position to win.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)

Our pitching is doing more than fine. For callers to say we need a 5th starter is just pure ignorant. This team needs a shot in the arm of offense..and if it means firering Walker before we fall too far behind than im for it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)

The next dummy calls up and asks PFB what he would do. PFB knows less than my dog about the sox and baseball in general.

Now he is talking about how runs are down across baseball. Thanks PFB. "My dog Riley barks you are not even close."

The MVP of the game has to be the individual who changed the time of this game. Thankfully, I won't have to waste my night watching this s***. Hell, wedding planning seems exciting compared to watching this impotent offense.

Edited by fathom

Another Dummy call. Tom from Riverside.

Sweeney is too young to hit. Thanks Mr. smart guy.

Now he wants to trade Anderson for someone on the cubs team.

Now he is onto bunting. Dumb. How about a line drive moron.

He said that 64% of teams that score first win games, 100% of statistics uses in a postgame calls are wrong is my position. We scored first in the last two games.

Now he wants to put Mack or Sweeney in the 3 hole.

Who are these people.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
Another Dummy call. Tom from Riverside.

Sweeney is too young to hit. Thanks Mr. smart guy.

Now he wants to trade Anderson for someone on the cubs team.

Now he is onto bunting. Dumb. How about a line drive moron.

He said that 64% of teams that score first win games, 100% of statistics uses in a postgame calls are wrong is my position. We scored first in the last two games.

Now he wants to put Mack or Sweeney in the 3 hole.

Who are these people.

I'm gonna blame this on the sox making the weak fans lose their minds...i've heard similar stupid ideas from other sox fans

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
I'm gonna blame this on the sox making the weak fans lose their minds...i've heard similar stupid ideas from other sox fans

They'll be Cubs fans in 2 months. I wouldn't want Sweeney hitting 3rd in AA.

Not sure if this is a positive or negative, but I really think that Sweeney needs to prove he has any chance of hitting at this level before we likely hand him a starting spot for next season. If Pods has injury problems that linger, at least Sweeney should get this chance instead of possibly learning the hard way next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
They'll be Cubs fans in 2 months. I wouldn't want Sweeney hitting 3rd in AA.

Not sure if this is a positive or negative, but I really think that Sweeney needs to prove he has any chance of hitting at this level before we likely hand him a starting spot for next season. If Pods has injury problems that linger, at least Sweeney should get this chance instead of possibly learning the hard way next year.

We've already called him up, so IMO, he should be the everday starter from now until we find someone better or we throw in the towel (at which point he becomes the everyday starter until the end of the season)

Some 50 year old woman, oh its a guy, I think calls in. Now he is talking about Pods being the key to our offense coming back.

Now he thinks we can get Carl Crawford. Good luck with that. It will cost you Danks and some other talent.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 05:47 PM)
Some 50 year old woman, oh its a guy, I think calls in. Now he is talking about Pods being the key to our offense coming back.

Now he thinks we can get Carl Crawford. Good luck with that. It will cost you Danks and some other talent.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who have no idea what trade value a player holds or even a basic understanding of how ballclubs go about acquiring players via trade yet they can not wait to toss out all the completely ridiculous trade ideas they thought up while taking a s***.

The easiest way to prove that you don't follow baseball is to come up with a trade proposal because the second I hear Broadway, Anderson and a lower tier prospect for Carl Crawford/Rocco Baldelli I know you're completely clueless.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
The easiest way to prove that you don't follow baseball is to come up with a trade proposal because the second I hear Broadway, Anderson and a lower tier prospect for Carl Crawford/Rocco Baldelli I know you're completely clueless.

For some reason I'm really caught up in the Rocco madness. We have the pitching to make it happen, problem is, the pitchers we'd have to give up (Gio or Danks) are guys Kenny wants to hang onto.

Since they'd definitely need a bullpen piece, I'd be willing to give up Jenks. I'd think that he would be very appealing to Tampa, as they'd control him for another three-and-a-half years and could probably buy a year or two of his first FA years, too.

I wonder if Jenks-Broadway-McCollough (once it turns June 15th, or whenever the one-year-after-he-was-drafted rule passes) would suffice...