White Sox vs. Mariners, 5/2/07 (L)

In true corpseball fashion, they will score about 10 runs. We are due for our once a week explosion. People will jump back up and say, look our offense is fine everything is peachy. X player has a fine day, they will declare him fixed. Then over the next 5 days we will get dominated crazytime. Until this offense has a week or more of sustainable success against decent pitching they are not fixed. From Walkers comments it sounds like Xanax or another anti-anxiety pill should be given to our hitters pregame.

This bum pitching against us today has a horrible ERA and is not a good starter. What looms on the horizon, is Escobar, Lackey, and Colon. So they best get their hits in today, because it gets ugly real quick.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:42 PM)
holy s***, you really have faith in this hitting machine...haha.

5-1 sox lose.

They have to break out sooner or later, right?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
1B-Erstad

2B-Iguchi

C-Pierzynski

DH-Kong

RF-Dye

LF-Mack

3B-Crede

CF-Sweeney

SS-Uribe

Once again, for those playing at home.

.258-.239-.226-.189-.210-.174-.222-.000-.219

:crying maybe I should have made my prediction AFTER seeing the lineup...

A good over/under would be Sox hits to the number of different pitches thrown by the pitcher to whom we tip the proverbial cap this afternoon.

Weaver was inventing pitches Saturday evening. Gaudin, Escobar, Durbin, Byrd and Weaver all essentially have shut his team out. Which does not include the complete white wash provide by Santana and Sabathia.

Other than Erstad's homer opening day have the Sox scored in the first inning. As comparedto the amount of runs given up in the first.

Yet through it all we have played tough and sit at .500

Record for this road trip 1-8. Team ERA 4.05 - BA .195. In gets cold in domes and in southern California

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 2, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
They have to break out sooner or later, right?

:crying maybe I should have made my prediction AFTER seeing the lineup...

Scary thing is this might be our best possible offensive lineup right now.

Mike Gellinger, the assistant Batting coach was just on the radio. I can now vomit some more. He tells the hitters, its not watching the video to look for mechanical issues. Its about remembering what you were feeling and what you were thinking of will help you hit. Because good thoughts can help you.

So between Walk and his anxiety, and Mike and his feelings its a wonder why our hitters haven't broken out. Can we get someone who can work on how to fix the swing instead of being shrinks.

Coop saying that the pitch that Thornton gave up should of been low and away. Well can he tell us why AJ was sitting low and in. Thornton hit the target. The target was bad however.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
This bum pitching against us today has a horrible ERA and is not a good starter.

I'll tell ya, this pitcher isn't pitching like his ERA says today. What with those fifty different arm angles, changin' speeds, and I don't even think Yaz could hit this guy.

//obligatory

QUOTE(BFirebird @ May 2, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
Seems as though everyone is as confident as me in this team right now.

Can someone tell MLB.TV that annoying the PAC-MAN graphic and silly jingle is getting really annoying, and it has only been one month?

Also, does anyone want to predict that Batista DOESN'T get a quality start? Heck, Denny Bautista could throw a no-hitter against us, or Danny Bautista...

Edited by caulfield12