I Love New York

Kyyle23

I didnt see this posted elsewhere, and I have been reading this in various tabloid-like media outlets(thesuperficial.com, wwtdd.com, mediatakeout.com), so i thought i would throw it out there.

Supposedly the entire show is a fraud, as well as Flavor of Love. Here is the "evidence", TIFWIW

I have been watching this nonsense for a couple of weeks and I can no longer stand the stupidity. Yes, the show is fake.

The scenario is that the show was concocted to appear to be some sort of dating show, but the "contestants" signed up for something entirely different. The girls on the show signed up for more of an "acting contest".

The concept, initially proposed by William Drayton aka 'Flava Flav', was to have a show which would appear to the viewers to be a 'dating contest', but in reality would be an competition to find a suitable 'match' for a money desperate Drayton after Brigitte Nielson declined to appear in another season of VH1's "Strange Love".

The winner would be the woman who could best 'act like' Drayton's perfect other. Someone with antics bizarre enough to hold the interest of the viewers, and who could also feign love for the virtually unlikable Drayton.

In layman's terms: A group of young (and not so young) Hollywood fringe hopefuls signed contracts to appear on a televised acting contest, vying for the coveted position of phony reality show 'girlfriend' to 'Flava Flav'. The prize included a guaranteed reality show (Strange Love) and monetary compensation.

The long and short of it: "Flavor of Love" is the WWF of dating shows.

To further perpetuate the absolute ridiculousness is their choice of thespians to play "New York" and family. Surprise! No, they're not related. No, Mr. 'New York' is not the owner of a fortune 500 company. (If you were foolish enough to believe this you likely need your head checked...what millionaire, country club thoroughbred has as uneducated, filthy and tragically cheap a child and as deranged and unkempt a wife as he has on the show?)

Miss 'New York' is actually Kenya Simmons of Newark New Jersey. Never heard of her? Well, it's not likely that you would have.

Simmons, a former exotic dancer, has shown up to many a reality show castings. (I work for Fox). To add hilarity to the stew, she was rejected thrice by "The Bachelor".

Simmons is not the only television hopeful who has shown her face at numerous open call castings.

The actress (and I use that term loosely) who plays "Mrs. Michelle", New York's mother, Leslie Bibbs, is not only of no relation to Simmons, but once stood in the same cattle call line with her at an open call for a B.E.T reality show.

Another amazing tidbit: Bibbs and Simmons are only 5 years apart in age.

I've never heard much about the actor playing Mr. New York, but my friend seems to think he works at VH1.

I wouldnt be surprised either way, real or fake.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ May 2, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
I recently read this as well, not surprising

which reminds me, i read in the sun-times that they're doing the casting call for i love new york 2...

*leaves work to get his time in the sun*

Calling all wannabes, Calling all wannabes. Please bring your resume' and good looks to the front desk, leave your burger king apron in the lobby........

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 2, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
Anybody else think Deal Or No Deal is fake? I don't believe that the friends and family are really friends and family. It seems so dang scripted.

Wow, I always thought the same thing. The friends and family seem to always have a line ready to say, and they're always so incredibly outgoing. I know the money is exciting and everything, but isn't there at least one family member nervous to be on TV or not know what to say with all that going on?

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Wow, I always thought the same thing. The friends and family seem to always have a line ready to say, and they're always so incredibly outgoing. I know the money is exciting and everything, but isn't there at least one family member nervous to be on TV or not know what to say with all that going on?

YES. I said this the first time I saw the show. When you watch other game shows like Who Wants to be a Millionaire you'd at least have some nervous, shaky contestants and the family/friends in the audience/phone acted some what normal, subdued. The people on Deal or no Deal are so incredibly enthused and over the top that I just can't believe it's real.

I haven't seen the show in a while but from what I'm told it's started to get even more ridiculous with some of the contestants on the show, whether they be a Howie Mandelle (sp?) look-a-like who just happens to be selected or some crazy woman who pulls numbers out of a box as a way of selecting briefcases. I just refuse to believe that show is real.

All MTV reality shows are fraud.

Those dating shows, after the first go around its not bad, then the same people come back, unless these people are that desperate.

I think they pay people to do this stuff, just what I think.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
"Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" has GOT to be scripted.

I mean for $300,000: "What's Mark Twain's real name?"

He has to ask the kid...

cmon...

And....

What is it?!?!?!?!?! :chair

I can't stand the suspense!!!!

QUOTE(bmags @ May 2, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
VH1 needs to act quickly to restore my faith in their programming!

I want to know when VH1 plans on releasing DVD sets of the entire I Love The 80's, I Love the 80's Strikes Back series.

After that is available, if ever, my programming choices for the network will be limited to Best Week Ever and Hogan Knows Best.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:57 AM)
I want to know when VH1 plans on releasing DVD sets of the entire I Love The 80's, I Love the 80's Strikes Back series.

After that is available, if ever, my programming choices for the network will be limited to Best Week Ever and Hogan Knows Best.

That's about all I watch on VH1 as well. Although I did watch a few of the surreal life shows too. It's almost like MTV's real world but with washed-up actors that, in their mind, are still popular.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
All MTV reality shows are fraud.

Most likely, but I find Adventures in Hollyhood pretty darned hilarious!

The Big Triece, Computer raps are kinda catchy. ^_^ Sugar foot!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:57 AM)

Or maybe another White Rapper Show... -_-