Prosecutors want Paris Hilton in Jail

Controlled Chaos

I can't believe I'm wasting a thread on this chick, but I really hope she goes to jail. She has no accountability whatsoever. There are basically no rules in her world just cause she is rich.

Prosecutors want Paris Hilton in jail

By SANDY COHEN,

AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton should be jailed for 45 days for violating terms of her probation for an alcohol-related reckless driving conviction, city prosecutors say.

In documents filed April 30th in Superior Court, prosecutors said they also want Hilton to be required to stay away from alcohol for 90 days and wear a monitoring device that will chart whether she complies.

The recommendation will be reviewed by a judge when Hilton appears for a probation violation hearing on Friday.

Hilton pleaded no contest in January to reckless driving stemming from a Sept. 7 arrest in Hollywood. She was sentenced to 36 months probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

She was pulled over by California Highway Patrol on Jan. 15. Officers informed Hilton she was driving on a suspended license and she signed a document acknowledging she was not to drive, according to court papers. She was pulled over by Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies on Feb. 27 for speeding and driving without her headlights, at which time she was charged with violating her probation.

Hilton's spokesman, Elliot Mintz, said at the time that she wasn't aware her license was suspended.

Prosecutors say by signing the document Hilton knew she was not allowed to drive. They also note that as of April 17 she had yet to enroll in the alcohol education program.

"These violations demonstrate Hilton's disregard for the vehicle laws of this state as well as for the conditions of her probation," the court filing said. "This court should ... include imprisonment as a condition of reinstating her probation."

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 3, 2007 -> 04:38 PM)
Any chance she can get the death penalty? :pray

I know you're not totally serious, but harsh none the less. I can't decide if I hate her or I hate the idiots that think she is important enough to photograph and write about.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 3, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
I know you're not totally serious, but harsh none the less. I can't decide if I hate her or I hate the idiots that think she is important enough to photograph and write about.

Oh, that's an easy one for me.

She's just a dope who's starved for attention. If there weren't so many media outlets dying to fill airtime/webpages/column space, she'd probably just go around in relative obscurity drinking and acting like a fool.

Of course, the conversation can go another level further, which is: is it ultimately the fault of the people who consume this "information" in the first place? If the coverage didn't draw ratings/hits/sales, would they still follow this ditz around?

...that's why I just throw the Hate Blanket over all of them and no one gets left out. :D

QUOTE(Brian @ May 3, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)

Yeah, I wasn't serious. I know they don't give the death penalty for such little crimes. But a boy can dream.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 3, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Do they ever lock anyone up for this stuff? More fiines, longer probabtions :huh:

Not knowing her full background, but what I've seen and heard in Cook and the collar counties, your 1st DUI they give you leeway. Not sure what number this is for her though.