BA Sighting

after an off day, a game he missed and a rainout, BA finally cracked the Charlotte lineup tonight.

in the first game of a doubleheader at Richmond, he is batting sixth in the lineup.

First time up he whiffed.

second time up he grounded out.

Through six innings Charlotte has not scored.

shocker.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
Haeger 4 IP, 3 R (2 ER), 8 BB (wow) Charlotte's game 1 box score

BA already 0-1 in game 2. Russell starting for the Barons tonight. McCulloch 2.1 IP, 11 R (5 ER)- his poor year continues. Carter with his 4th HR and Edwards went 6 strong for Kanny.

Haeger has been trash this year. Poor Brian.

B-Ham wins 5-0.

7 IP, 3 hits, 2 walks, 6 k's, no runs for Russell, who moves to 3-1 with a 1.85 ERA. 3 run homer by Thomas Collaro in the 8th put that one in ice (5 HR, 10 doubles, 2 triples, and 22 RBI for him now....but also 33 k's and 5 walks, lol). Getz and Lucy with an RBI each.

EDIT: Kanny won 4-3 also, the diminutive lefty Justin Edwards with another nice outing to move to 3-2 with a 2.45 ERA.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
B-Ham wins 5-0.

7 IP, 3 hits, 2 walks, 6 k's, no runs for Russell, who moves to 3-1 with a 1.85 ERA. 3 run homer by Thomas Collaro in the 8th put that one in ice (5 HR, 10 doubles, 2 triples, and 22 RBI for him now....but also 33 k's and 5 walks, lol). Getz and Lucy with an RBI each.

Russell isn't striking guys out at a particularly great rate in the early going -- it's still early, though, so by season's end he might be fine -- but his GB/FB ratio is about as good as Egbert's so far.

I don't think JAG can continue to be as dominant as they've been so far, but it's nice that two relatively unknown guys have stepped up. Also good to see Gio bounce back from his mediocre year last season.

Also, I don't know what's in the water down in Charlotte, but those guys need to get their heads out of their asses. Fields is hitting .200, Sweeney wasn't doing a heckuva lot better, Haeger's been awful, Broadway's hurt and Floyd has been the opposite of what he told us he'd be (poor GB/FB ratio specifically, and a bad WHIP).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 3, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
Russell isn't striking guys out at a particularly great rate in the early going -- it's still early, though, so by season's end he might be fine -- but his GB/FB ratio is about as good as Egbert's so far.

I don't think JAG can continue to be as dominant as they've been so far, but it's nice that two relatively unknown guys have stepped up. Also good to see Gio bounce back from his mediocre year last season.

29 k's in 34 innings now, that's not TOO bad, and no earned runs in his last 2 starts (13 innings) 28 hits and 12 walks too, as well as no homers for Russell. He's been fine IMO other than he's struggling against lefties a bit too much for my taste right now.

EDIT 2: BA was 0 for 4 in game 2 tonight. Not sure why the idiot Walker decided to tinker with a swing that hit pretty well from mid-June on last year, but BA might be mentally destroyed for good.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 3, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)

Also, I don't know what's in the water down in Charlotte, but those guys need to get their heads out of their asses. Fields is hitting .200, Sweeney wasn't doing a heckuva lot better, Haeger's been awful, Broadway's hurt and Floyd has been the opposite of what he told us he'd be (poor GB/FB ratio specifically, and a bad WHIP).

f*** yes, it stuck.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2007 -> 05:04 AM)
Baseball America has an article devoted to Aaron Cunningham on their homepage. Problem is, viewing it requires a subscription. Anyone willing to summarize?

I'll be on it in a minute. Hopefully my brother is still awake.

Im not sure Walker had that much to do with BA's swing did he? I know they needed to shorten it up though, and its just too mechanical right now. I dont know why they havent just quieted his lower half, then let him swing his normally from his ear. I dont understand why they made it so mechanical.

PS

Russell is amazing, he is the white Contreras.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:54 AM)
Im not sure Walker had that much to do with BA's swing did he? I know they needed to shorten it up though, and its just too mechanical right now. I dont know why they havent just quieted his lower half, then let him swing his normally from his ear. I dont understand why they made it so mechanical.

PS

Russell is amazing, he is the white Contreras.

I had heard Anderson worked all offseason with BA on redoing his swing, that could be false though of course. As for Russell....he's another in a growing group of minor league pitchers we have that i'm becoming very excited about. We still have no system depth, but at least our top guys look really good.