Game Thread - Sox/Scrubs 6/27

Winning Ugly

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasnt for KOCH being clutch in the top of the 9 Valentin HR may not have been enough... So dont even blame Koch, thats f***ed up if you do.. It was clearly a poor decision to leave Gordon out there, and Bases loaded with no outs.. thats tough for ANYONE I dont care who you are..

Great job by Koch.. He coulda exploded and the cubs coulda scored 3 or 4 runs, but he got the job done.. Gordon shouldnt have even been in there... you have a closer for a reason, should let him CLOSE the f***ing game..

Anyway

Great win for the Sox!

Be thankful Sosa didn't smoke that 3-1 pitch 450 feet with wind blowing out.....I told you smart, pesky Cubs will continue to put short swings on pitches and find holes int he infield....meanwhile the Sox are playing for a homerun.

Koch should have been in to start the inning, big mistake on JM's part, especially of Gordon get re-unjured again.

Playing for the home run finally worked today, though I agree that is not the norm

Anybody blaming Koch for Gordon loading the bases needs to get his head examined. I've been a critic of Billy's at times but this blown lead should not fall on him  :nono .

Exactly. It could have been much worse. He gives up a hit right away, then its game over, and we have another HEARTBREAKING loss. But he did his job, was unfortunate enough to give up the single when he was soo close to getting out.