White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many closers are perfect? He had a horrible ball called in that match-up...the calls goes the other way and he's out of the game with a save.

By your logic, we don't have any pitchers in our bullpen after Jenks capable of closing.

MacDougal has never had success as a closer? How do you know Thames wouldn't done anything on an 0-2 pitch?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
As long as Ozzie/KW is in charge, Erstad will be out on that field.

At least Erstad made a mistake physically, because he was hustling and trying to prevent a triple play.

Much better than walking in there and ducking down like Carlos Lee. Seriously.

And why has nobody criticized Contreras? He had a chance to get himself and the team out of there with a 2-0 deficit, not a 4-0 deficit. He's just not getting the big outs that he used to get, when he absolutely needed them.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:06 AM)
At least Erstad made a mistake physically, because he was hustling and trying to prevent a triple play.

Much better than walking in there and ducking down like Carlos Lee. Seriously.

I'll take my chances with C. Lee's lack of hustle but offensive talent, thank you. :P

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:05 AM)
Contreras is just a pile of ass right now.

I'm sure his performance after the contract has JR YEARNING to go out and spend on big name pitchers!

I hope we don't look back at the 2005 offseason in 5 years and think it caused the downfall of the organization.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
MacDougal has never had success as a closer? How do you know Thames wouldn't done anything on an 0-2 pitch?

And every Royals' fan thinks that getting anything in return for MacDougal is a good deal because 1) his control, 2) his injury history.

He's not a reliable closer over an entire season. He's never put together two good halves in a single season.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:08 AM)
Some great forkballs for Jose there. He's meat if he doesn't have that pitch, but when it's there, he's fine.

Even when Contreras was going well, I hated that slider pitch of his. His slider makes me nervous just as Garland's changeup does.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
I'll take my chances with C. Lee's lack of hustle but offensive talent, thank you. :P

And we'd be in the process of selling off Carlos or paying him $16-17 million per season to be a member of a fourth place team.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:10 AM)
And we'd be in the process of selling off Carlos or paying him $16-17 million per season to be a member of a fourth place team.

I just feel like Carlos receives so much criticism when he was one of the better offensive players in the last two decades for the Sox.