White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And every Royals' fan thinks that getting anything in return for MacDougal is a good deal because 1) his control, 2) his injury history.

He's not a reliable closer over an entire season. He's never put together two good halves in a single season.

Royals fans are morons. They could've gotten more for MacDougal, easily.

This is the same fan base that would rather see their team get 13 hits instead of winning. They also thought their magical 3rd place finish in 2003 would lead them to the promised land after signing Benito Santiago and Juan Gonzalez.

DJ? Are you kidding me? Rob didn't run down the line like that in his first at-bat.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:12 AM)
Mack looks so crappy at the plate, fishing for everything.

He's very streaky. When he's going well, he's great. When he's slumping, he makes hitting look very difficult. However, we keep playing him every game no matter what. Gotta love our hitting depth in the organization. At this point, I'd rather see Terrero over Mackowiak and for Cintron to leave.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
I just feel like Carlos receives so much criticism when he was one of the better offensive players in the last two decades for the Sox.

But he's not a superstar...yet he and Ordonez were paid like one. I know, a lot of starting pitchers are paid $10 million plus, but it's easier to win with a good pitching staff than the Rangers' or D-Rays' offense.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:14 AM)
But he's not a superstar...yet he and Ordonez were paid like one. I know, a lot of starting pitchers are paid $10 million plus, but it's easier to win with a good pitching staff than the Rangers' or D-Rays' offense.

The only saving grace out of the Lee/Pods trade was that it freed payroll that we actually spent.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
BA had to go down, but Cintron...hes a keeper!!

(I know BA was sucking, but tell me how Cintron isn't a waste of a roster space?)

BA

Besides that obvious (and sad) truth, Cintron = the only thing resembling backup MI we have.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:17 AM)
BA

Besides that obvious (and sad) truth, Cintron = the only thing resembling backup MI we have.

More problems caused by KW not upgrading our bench this offseason (besides our back-up 1B, Toby Hall)

Contreras is pitching better than his line indicates as statistically he shoud have two earned runs (they better get that changed) and if Brian Anderson was in CF, it'd be 1 ER.

I thought he was squeezed on the first batter of the game as well

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Royals fans are morons. They could've gotten more for MacDougal, easily.

This is the same fan base that would rather see their team get 13 hits instead of winning. They also thought their magical 3rd place finish in 2003 would lead them to the promised land after signing Benito Santiago and Juan Gonzalez.

DJ? Are you kidding me? Rob didn't run down the line like that in his first at-bat.

I think the second half of 2003 with Jose Lima and Runelvys Hernandez faltering proved to Royals' fans that the first half of the season was a mirage.

After shedding Damon, Dye and knowing they were going to lose Beltran in 2004, there was little reason to be optimistic. Any team relying on Darrell May, Chris George and Kyle Snyder is/was doomed.

And their Pythagorean was 78-84.

Okay, according to my World Series DVD and other associated video I dont remember El Contreras the side armer. So someone needs to either get him an MRI on his back, or they need him to get his arm angle up a tick. Sure you can drop down to give another angle to the batter. But when you dramatically change your arm angle to side arm primary, then something aint too kosher with the old back there. Last year in Texas, 97 on the gun from 3/4s mixing in a few side armers. Side Arm Count is something that was created after his sciatica acted up and he went on the DL.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:20 AM)
Okay, according to my World Series DVD and other associated video I dont remember El Contreras the side armer. So someone needs to either get him an MRI on his back, or they need him to get his arm angle up a tick. Sure you can drop down to give another angle to the batter. But when you dramatically change your arm angle to side arm primary, then something aint too kosher with the old back there. Last year in Texas, 97 on the gun from 3/4s mixing in a few side armers. Side Arm Count is something that was created after his sciatica acted up and he went on the DL.

Ha, I was watching the Game 1 DVD as well today. His wind-up was much quicker then also, and he rarely threw his slider.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Ha, I was watching the Game 1 DVD as well today. His wind-up was much quicker then also, and he rarely threw his slider.

Yay, Vince Vaughn is there to cheer us on at least. LOL.

Maybe they will name him the hitting coach in the tradition of "Swingers"

No matter how good or bad the pitcher is, they still just don't give up many runs against the Sox. Someone can put this in their sig if they want, but I guarantee that the 2007 White Sox don't make the playoffs.