White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on the value of Jose, Milledge, etc.....name one in our system who is gonna actually project to be a MLB caliber player?

Cunningham and Sweeney are the best (and only) bets right now.

We might have to bring up Fields, hitting .225, to replace Crede...hitting .175. Give it 2-3 more weeks of this disaster.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
It was pretty good, but too many plot lines and not enough Mary Jane.

It was hard to keep track of the various "villains," and the CGI's not enough to keep your attention anymore.

I saw the movie today for free at a Juniper event. They rented out the theater in Yorktown, you had to sit through an hour of marketing BS about their products and then it was free movie.

Mary Jane is nasty looking. The minute the other blond showed up, you drop snaggletooth and you move on to hotter girls.

QUOTE(max power @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
How?

Anyway, doesn't he have a no trade clause?

The pro-rated deal would include $3.33M in savings from this season since he wouldn't be playing for the Sox in August or September.

And yes, you are correct he has a full no trade for 2007, which is a damn shame and would probably prevent the Sox from sending him back to New York even if it is the other league.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:44 AM)
Do you actually think Ozzie managed the 2006 and is managing the 2007 team like the 2005 team?

My biggest complaint about Ozzie last year was that he didn't adjust to the 2006 personnel. Rather, he acted like we had 2005's team still. The 2006 roster had a lot more power than the 2005 team did, yet Ozzie still tried to play smallball and give away outs. Also, our pitching was obviously tired last year, but Ozzie never, ever took out the starting pitchers sooner rather than later.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
On the possible bright side for me, Rowand, aboz, etc., I think there could be an issue looming which has Ozzie making an idiot out of himself written all over it. MLB is going to ban alcohol from the clubhouse...I can't wait to hear what Ozzie thinks about that.

Well, LaRussa had a DUI in March and his player died and the team is controlled by a brewery....interesting soap opera this season has become for the Cardinals.

Think their fans are happy with Jocketty copying KW this offseason?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't know how much value Contreras will have with 2 yrs left on his deal at a significant amount when you add in his declining stuff. I assume you're referring to Ordonez and Lee when it comes to developing outfielders. We have no one close to their power potential in the minors right now.

Well considering you're 5 feet from the ledge because of Chris Young, I'll chalk him up too. Reed put up better numbers than Milledge in the minor leagues as well. Anderson has had better minor league seasons than Milledge too.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:47 AM)
Well considering you're 5 feet from the ledge because of Chris Young, I'll chalk him up too. Reed put up better numbers than Milledge in the minor leagues as well. Anderson has had better minor league seasons than Milledge too.

No, I'm not ready to state Chris Young is a superstar. However, people that see him a lot more than you and I do think he projects to be a damn good major league player. Like I said earlier though, getting rid of Contreras in a deal is more about freeing up payroll than who we really get back.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
I saw the movie today for free at a Juniper event. They rented out the theater in Yorktown, you had to sit through an hour of marketing BS about their products and then it was free movie.

Mary Jane is nasty looking. The minute the other blond showed up, you drop snaggletooth and you move on to hotter girls.

Opie's daughter?

She looks better than in The Village or Lady in the Water, but she's far from a hottie...although she has improved markedly.

I guess Jessica Alba, Kiera Knightley or Miranda Kerr (my new favorite hottie, Victoria's Secret Angel from Australia) would be too much of a distraction!

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:47 AM)
Well, LaRussa had a DUI in March and his player died and the team is controlled by a brewery....interesting soap opera this season has become for the Cardinals.

Think their fans are happy with Jocketty copying KW this offseason?

No, I don't think they are happy. They shouldn't be.....that team is brutal. I wish we would have signed Preston Wilson though.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:47 AM)

What the hell are you talking about? Milledge, as a 21 year old, put up an .828 OPS in his first year at AAA, while Anderson, as a a 23 year old, put up a .829 OPS. Oh, and Milledge's league, IIRC, was a much harder league to hit in. Ditto Jeremy Reed. Milledge is a much better prospect than either of those two ever were, no comparison.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)
The pro-rated deal would include $3.33M in savings from this season since he wouldn't be playing for the Sox in August or September.

And yes, you are correct he has a full no trade for 2007, which is a damn shame and would probably prevent the Sox from sending him back to New York even if it is the other league.

I really don't think the Sox could get much for him anyway. Watching the game on TV, you can see his stuff isn't anywhere near as good as it was in 2005. If he were pitching well, maybe he'd bring back a low level prospect of some sort. But as it is, the Sox would have to throw in more talent just to move his contract.

Nasty pitch.

6 IP, 6 H, 2 BB's, 6 K's 1 ER

Only one of those hits was extra bases, and that was Grinderstad's f***up.

I'll take that line all the time. Am I the only one who remembers how unhittable Contreras was until June last season?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
No, I don't think they are happy. They shouldn't be.....that team is brutal. I wish we would have signed Preston Wilson though.

That's what our season has come down to...wishing we had Preston Wilson or Joe Borchard as option in the OF. Sad that we've already given the Cubs back all the hard-fought momentum we'd gained in 2005 and 2006.

And to go through the Bataan Death March of White Flag III (sorta counting 2002) trades will be even more depressing...except for the fact that whatever position prospects are acquired will give me some reason to be hopefully optimistic about 2008, IF we can keep Buehrle.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:51 AM)
Nasty pitch.

6 IP, 6 H, 2 BB's, 6 K's 1 ER

Only one of those hits was extra bases, and that was Grinderstad's f***up.

I'll take that line all the time. Am I the only one who remembers how unhittable Contreras was until June last season?

We all do, but that's why we're concerned with his decline in stuff. Hopefully he's found the release point on his forkball.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:50 AM)
I really don't think the Sox could get much for him anyway. Watching the game on TV, you can see his stuff isn't anywhere near as good as it was in 2005. If he were pitching well, maybe he'd bring back a low level prospect of some sort. But as it is, the Sox would have to throw in more talent just to move his contract.

Jose has looked great since the second inning. Guys are swinging right over that forkball.

Too bad the offense sucks.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
Opie's daughter?

She looks better than in The Village or Lady in the Water, but she's far from a hottie...although she has improved markedly.

I guess Jessica Alba, Kiera Knightley or Miranda Kerr (my new favorite hottie, Victoria's Secret Angel from Australia) would be too much of a distraction!

bryceblonde.jpg

is better than snaggletooth. She is not necessarily a hottie. But compared to snaggletooth she is a keeper.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
We all do, but that's why we're concerned with his decline in stuff. Hopefully he's found the release point on his forkball.

Cooper told Hudler they were hoping that he would get it back this summer when it warmed up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
bryceblonde.jpg

is better than snaggletooth. She is not necessarily a hottie. But compared to snaggletooth she is a keeper.

take off all the make-up and i still prefer Kirsten Dunst...she seems like she'd be more fun to be around