White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

Honestly, I don't care if Sweeney hits .220 this season, I'd love to see the Sox just say 'f*** it' and keep him up here the whole season. Despite the fact that Sweeney has never dominated a level, the Sox have always pushed him. Why not keep him up here for the whole season? He's going to be part of the future outfield eventually, let him get his lumps this year.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
Sweeney taking more pitches than the rest of our team. The kid has a more disciplined bat right now than the team.

You just wait until Walk gets his hands on him!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, I don't care if Sweeney hits .220 this season, I'd love to see the Sox just say 'f*** it' and keep him up here the whole season. Despite the fact that Sweeney has never dominated a level, the Sox have always pushed him. Why not keep him up here for the whole season? He's going to be part of the future outfield eventually, let him get his lumps this year.

It's simple; People are always going to think of Brian Anderson in 2006 when you suggest this idea

Nice Grind out

Giants designated 1B Lance Niekro for assignment.

The Giants had no need for Niekro this year, and is was a surprise that he was carried out of spring training. He was 3-for-17 with no RBI through the first month. Unless maybe the White Sox think he could help out for a couple of weeks, it's doubtful that he'll be claimed on waivers.

No thank you.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)

Hell, make him the #2 hitter. KW forfeited any title chances in 2007 more during last offseason than moving Sweeney into that spot would.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
I hope we don't look back at the 2005 offseason in 5 years and think it caused the downfall of the organization.

I fear that as well. The Vazquez trade, as much as I condoned it at the time, may come back to haunt us. Anderson hasn't been able to cut it at the major league level and the Sox have no other CF option from within the organization. The other mistake we made was signing Jose to a 3-year extention. Everyone knew it was bad signing at the time. Nobody knows how old Jose really is except him and his family. When the Jose signed the deal his supposed age was 34. When his contract runs out, his supposed age will be 39. We all are pretty sure that he is older than that. In 2009 we could be paying $10 million for a pitcher who is possibly on the wrong side of 45. The contract could be immovable next year, as Jose looks as if his stuff is declining, and he is becoming very hittable.

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
Yay, Vince Vaughn is there to cheer us on at least. LOL.

Maybe they will name him the hitting coach in the tradition of "Swingers"

Vaughn " You are so f***ing money Pauly"

Kong " No I am not, I need to work on my swing"

Vaughn 'You dont even now it, you are f***ing money. You are like a big bear"

Kong 'Stop, come on you dont mean that'

Vaughn " You are a big bear, with the big claws and you are saying there is the bunny and you dont know how to kill the bunny. Come on man, with those claws you dont know how to kill that bunny."

Kong 'You mean it"

Vaugn" Dont be the guy in the PG13 film that everyone is really hoping will get the girl, be the guy in the rated R film, that you dont know if you like. Be the bear, be the bear. And hit the f***ing ball'

Kong "Thanks Coach"

So Ozzie calls for the hit and run on a 2-2 count with two outs resulting in JD swinging at absolute s***. Gotta love the smallbrain, I mean smallball mentality.

EDIT: Yahoo is telling me it was 2 balls, not a full count. Which is it?

Edited by santo=dorf

Bottom line is KW didn't put this team in a position to suceed this year. He didn't do anything at the trade deadline last year to help that team and didn't realize over the offseason that this team got old in the 2nd half of last year. He put his confidence in 2 players that had been injured in Thome and the ever fragile Pods, and offensively didn't add anything to this team. So the blame falls on him. He is the one who should be held accountable for this teams lack of offense.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:28 AM)
So Ozzie calls for the hit and run on a 2-2 count with two outs resulting in JD swinging at absolute s***. Gotta love the smallbrain, I mean smallball mentality.

EDIT: Yahoo is telling me it was 3 balls. Which is it?

It was a full count. All you have to do is throw a 3-2 offspeed pitch, and the Sox will strike out.

Walker's Last Support Falls

While I think firing a coach in mid season is the ultimate panic move, I'd give Walker through the weekend and if they don't show some signs of improvement, I guess we just got desperate.

Considering that the Angels are pretty good teams year in and year out. How is it that they draft such good players and just have a minor league system filled with talent. I thought if you draft down in the order you cant have a good minors system. I wonder how many football players they have drafted.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)
All I know is if Omar Minaya comes a sniffing around Contreras around the trade deadline, you seriously consider moving him.

There aren't too many players I wouldn't move!