White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would it be horrible if you're clearing yourself of Jose's contract while adding an actual outfield prospect with a high ceiling.

Another fantastic AB....is AJP the most overrated player in the AL Central?

....because you can get more for him.

Is it a good trade for the Yankees to move A-Rod for Alex Gordon?

In the long run Alex Gordon could be a good player and A-Rod could opt out of his contract, but the Yankees could get more for A-Rod.

Gavin Floyd supposedly had a high ceiling as well. This organization has done a fine job of developing OF who put up better numbers than Milledge.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:41 AM)
The 86 year old will be paid 10MIL in 2009, according to Kal.

Did KW just get extremely lucky in the offseason before 2005, or has he just had bad luck since then?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
Joe Crede is a mediocre ball player.

Wait that cant be right. We had people on this site doing a Arod versus Crede analysis and were seriously thinking that Crede was the better player.

I cant wait for the PFB post game so the dummies can come out of the woodwork to call in We will have the group of smallball bunters. I dont see this team bunting enough, why arent we bunting more. Ozzie bunted at a lot in 05 Then we will have the silly drunk 50 year old woman who I think PFB thinks he is getting a piece of, will talk about a squirrel that told her that Crede will come out of it. Someone will repeat some propaganda about how this team will win in the 2nd half. And then the mad people who call in, will get gift certificates and other associated swag to divert and shut them up.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:41 AM)

In the long run Alex Gordon could be a good player and A-Rod could opt out of his contract, but the Yankees could get more for A-Rod.

Gavin Floyd supposedly had a high ceiling as well. This organization has done a fine job of developing OF who put up better numbers than Milledge.

I really don't know how much value Contreras will have with 2 yrs left on his deal at a significant amount when you add in his declining stuff. I assume you're referring to Ordonez and Lee when it comes to developing outfielders. We have no one close to their power potential in the minors right now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
So if Contreras is traded at the deadline the Sox would save approximately $23,333,333.

Which could directly be put into your new managerial contract....

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:41 PM)

While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on the value of Jose, Milledge, etc.....name one in our system who is gonna actually project to be a MLB caliber player?

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I can't believe I missed Spiderman 3 and shooting pool for this crap. I am an idiot.

It was pretty good, but too many plot lines and not enough Mary Jane.

It was hard to keep track of the various "villains," and the CGI's not enough to keep your attention anymore.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did KW just get extremely lucky in the offseason before 2005, or has he just had bad luck since then?

The only real signing that KW made that he didn't want to do was sign AJ, and that was AFTER he contacted "his people" about AJ's character.

Was he lucky that JR opened up his wallet a little more to sign Iguchi? Possibily.

There was no luck in picking up Jenks for nothing or signing a crappy starter who had a good run as a closer (happens all the time.)

Do you actually think Ozzie managed the 2006 and is managing the 2007 team like the 2005 team?

On the possible bright side for me, Rowand, aboz, etc., I think there could be an issue looming which has Ozzie making an idiot out of himself written all over it. MLB is going to ban alcohol from the clubhouse...I can't wait to hear what Ozzie thinks about that.