If Barry Bonds has a huge season...

witesoxfan

Bonds MVP  

39 members have voted

1. 1. If Barry Bonds has a huge season, and the Giants win, do you vote for him?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious, of course. We'll throw these out as hypotheticals

Bonds - .325 45 120 .500/.750/1.250, Giants win Wild Card

Pujols - .330 45 140 .420/.630/1.050, Cardinals finish in 3rd place

Beltran - .300 40 120 20 SBs .400/.600/1.000, Mets win the division

with no one else worthy of being mentioned in the same breath statistically...do you vote for Bonds?

Do I vote for him? Yes.

Do the sportswriters vote for him? Probably not.

That would've been so great had the Sox pursued Bonds this winter. I was giddy when I heard that KW and Bonds had some sort of friendly relationship, but equally dissappointed when KW or JR threw water over that fire.

If he is the most valuable then of course I would vote for him. There is no reason not to.

Edit-based on those numbers I would probably vote for Beltran because I assume he is playing gold glove caliber defense in center while Bonds sucks in the field.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 4, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
If he is the most valuable then of course I would vote for him. There is no reason not to.

Edit-based on those numbers I would probably vote for Beltran because I assume he is playing gold glove caliber defense in center while Bonds sucks in the field.

I was going to say the same thing for the same reason.

Beltran will win games for the Mets in the field as well as with the bat, and Bonds has disintegrated defensively.

Of course, that's why I added Beltran. I was initially just going to leave it as Pujols and Bonds, but I recall some people clamoring for Beltran as MVP last year, and he may have deserved it. I'm not sure he can hit .300 with 40 homers, because very time he's hit for a ton of power he's hit in the .270 range, but that doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot. Regardless, the defense factor along with the media spotlight was the reason I also included him.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 4, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
why vote for someone who cheated his away and took away awards from two of the greatest hitters to ever play.

Hasn't failed a test, not to mention he wasn't breaking any rules. Not that I condone roids but facts are facts.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 4, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
why vote for someone who cheated his away and took away awards from two of the greatest hitters to ever play.

At this point in time its hard to tell whos using steroids and who isn't. Ditto what Wite said below.

Id like to think if Bonds wasn't on the verge of breaking the home run record you would probably hear of more names being thrown up in the air as possible steroid users. Luckily for them Barry is stealing the spotlight.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 4, 2007 -> 07:06 PM)
Because Pujols and Beltran could just as easily be juicing

^Agree

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:45 AM)
Just to be nasty, I vote for Ron Kittle instead of Bonds.

I ran into Ron Kittle yesterday and I asked him about Barry Bonds. He got pissed and started cussing him out, it was awesome.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
Are you kidding? Where'd you run into him?

I was actually walking around downtown Valparaiso with the Mayor (I was elected Mayor of our class for student government day) and Ron came up to us and started conversation. The Mayor then introduced the two of us, but I had already recognized him and asked him if Barry Bonds still wanted to fight him. He went in detail about what had happened, his charity organization, ect.