anybody going to any away games?

briguy27

just got home from the Angel game, enough to make you completely sick. Before even starting with the 13 LOB, all around soft hit grounders, straight in the air popups, and two veteran guys taking third strike when down 3 in the 8th, how about that defense? Contreras bungling the bunt throw to first, then bungling the DP throw to 2nd that led to two runs with Cabrera's hit, then Erstad, ERSTAD for Christ's sake, who played in that field his entire career, loses a 3 out, 2 on ball in the lights???????? Cintron had at least two hard hit balls his direction that required a diving effort, but he just sand bagged everything hit to him.

Looking at the bottom of the order's BA on that big screen was pathetic, I watched live as Alex's 0.083 avg dropped to 0.074

Mackowiak, Cintron.... automatic outs have no business even being out there right now, can't even make contact at all. But in BP Cintron and Crede alternating hitting liner and homerun after homerun, wer absolutely pounding everything, AC looked like he did when he came over last year? From the first pitch they just look lifeless though, kicking dirt, hanging heads, AJ stomping on the ground with every weakass throw down to 2nd on a steal attempt.

Tell you what, we're all better tuning out for a while until they can get some momentum, because until then, if they play two innings lifeless, you're guaranteed 7 more, they've completely lost their confidence.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 4, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
I just noticed the Sox are playing Pittsburgh and Houston in interleague again. Makes no sense, why can't we play the Brewers?

I said the same thing when the schedules came out. Now that the Brewers are the hottest team in baseball, I like the fact that we do not play the Brewers this year while our division rivals (like the Twins playing them twice) do.