White Sox vs. Angels, 5/5/07 (W)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
Erstad, CF

Ozuna, DH

Dye, RF

Konerko,

Pierzynski, C

Iguchi, 2B

Crede, 3B

Cintron, SS

Sweeney, LF

Why is Ozuna our DH?

Why is Iguchi batting 6th?

I am going to have to defend Ozzie on this one. Nobody in this line up can hit. He may as well pull names out of a hat to make his batting order.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)
I am going to have to defend Ozzie on this one. Nobody in this line up can hit. He may as well pull names out of a hat to make his batting order.

Two problems:

Iguchi's OBP is .356. If we're intent on having players on base when Konerko or Dye hit their homeruns, then he's the obvious choice. Not someone allergic to walks in Ozuna.

Ozuna at DH? I'd rather have Mackowiak, who atleast has the capability of driving in runs, as our DH tonight. Lefthanders traditionally fare better against Lackey.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I don't want to see Mack anywhere near the lineup anymore. That AB with runners on 2nd and 3rd last night where he reached at a low and away pitch to only ground out and ruin the rally has happened just way too much. Pure sickening. He deserves to be benched for the rest of the month after that AB.

Mack being a better defender then Dye is a joke. He might have more speed, but he has terrible reads, and makes plenty bone-headed decisions in the field. Hey, but that seems like the job of the Grinder is...

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
So I guess they don't quite have the blackouts problem fixed yet, huh?...f***ers...

Ozuna might be the funniest DH in the history of the game...well, after Brian Anderson and Alex Cintron.

Of course, the Angels are 12-3 at home and Garland hasn't won, so he has to win, right? Law of averages?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
Jermaine Dye has been absolutely horrific with a 3-2 count this year.

It's difficult to judge the plate with the sun on dirt meshing together, but it did appear a bit inside.

Wow, a run! Nice hits by Erstad and PK this inning.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
It's difficult to judge the plate with the sun on dirt meshing together, but it did appear a bit inside.

He swung

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)
In other news, I just had a 453 note streak on Guitar Hero II. GOD DAMN IT! So close to the f***ing achievement!!!!

Dye is terrible. Ugh. I miss Big Jim :(

JI

JIM THOME

I thought you weren't watching for a month?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)

2 strikes, men in scoring position Dye needs to swing at that. He is a RBI guy, there is no excuse for him to finese the ball looking for a way out of the AB.

Konerkos AB was nice. Erstad had a nice punch up the middle.

1 zip sox. Shamrock Shake power lives on.