White Sox vs. Angels, 5/5/07 (W)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
To be fair, Dye is very very very slow.

Of course he is....I was probably the first one pointing this out last year, in regards to how awful his defense was/is. However, there was nothing he could do on that deep fly ball by Chone. If anything, he did a great job of fielding the tough hop off the wall and holding him to a double.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Of course he is....I was probably the first one pointing this out last year, in regards to how awful his defense was/is. However, there was nothing he could do on that deep fly ball by Chone. If anything, he did a great job of fielding the tough hop off the wall and holding him to a double.

I didn't say he should have caught it. I think Ichiro would be one of the only ones who could of. Its just that shot made me realize how slow he really is.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
Konerko is sooo slow!!!

Hopefully he retires!

Anyone else STUNNED that Lackey is shutting us down now? A tie game has never seemed like such an uphill battle.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does a 2-seamer break?

Hey Santo....when they talk about career stats against a pitcher, do they include postseason stats?

I don't think so. I just watched a video of a handicapper saying Garland is 0-3 in his last three starts against the Angels. That obviously doesn't include the ALCS.

I think most announcers or whatever just use a regular database for matchups, for example I just searched to see Chris Widger's career numbers versus Eziquel Estacio, but it says he never faced him (he had a bases loaded walk in the WS.)

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Hopefully he retires!

Anyone else STUNNED that Lackey is shutting us down now? A tie game has never seemed like such an uphill battle.

Such a momentum switch. IMO, its an uphill battle to get that back

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
Wow... I didn't realize how much AJ caught last year. Glad we made a move for a good backup this year. Too bad Ozzie decided he was first basemen.

Now this I'll support! :cheers