Play opposing GM, which Sox players would you want?

caulfield12

Of course, based on needs...what teams would be the best "fits" for the following players?

PERCEIVED VALUE of White Sox players to other teams...just hypothetical, to start a discussion

1) Buehrle...not even close right now

2) Jenks...may be overrated, but teams get super-desperate for bullpen help in June/July and overpay

2A) Garland (don't think it will happen until offseason or into the 08 season)

4) Dye

5) Vazquez (if Buehrle and Garland go, why keep him?)

6) Contreras

7) Crede

8) Thornton

9) AJ

10) Uribe

12) Erstad

13) Pods

14) Mackowiak

15) Cintron

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 06:35 AM)
Of course, based on needs...what teams would be the best "fits" for the following players?

PERCEIVED VALUE of White Sox players to other teams...just hypothetical, to start a discussion

1) Buehrle...not even close right now

2) Jenks...may be overrated, but teams get super-desperate for bullpen help in June/July and overpay

2A) Garland (don't think it will happen until offseason or into the 08 season)

4) Dye

5) Vazquez (if Buehrle and Garland go, why keep him?)

6) Contreras

7) Crede

8) Thornton

9) AJ

10) Uribe

12) Erstad

13) Pods

14) Mackowiak

15) Cintron

I'm going to keep a tab on deals offered by fans of other teams.

So far:

Harden for Dye and I can't even remember (Buehrle or Garland?)

Crede and Buehrle for Willits, Aybar and Saunders/Santana

Brandon Inge for Joe Crede

Milledge for Contreras

Dye for McPherson and Saunders

Erstad for Rondell White (love that one, lol!)

RP Jordan Tate and Craig Monroe for Pods (I think we have a winner, although Monroe would fit in TOO well with the Sox HR/K philosphy)

Neifi Perez for Cintron (gotta love their gumption to suggest that one)

At least two people have said they'd want Erstad...a few would like Pods and everybody seems to be interested in Crede because they haven't seen him play all year long like we have apparently

Edited by caulfield12

If counseling is too extreme a suggestion, I'd suggest you take up another hobby besides the sox :) .

Let's not get too crazy about the poor play. Either the sox start hitting or they'll be trading players come July. But we do have a few months in between

QUOTE(beck72 @ May 5, 2007 -> 07:40 AM)
If counseling is too extreme a suggestion, I'd suggest you take up another hobby besides the sox :) .

Let's not get too crazy about the poor play. Either the sox start hitting or they'll be trading players come July. But we do have a few months in between

I can't even stand watching the games, so I can at least look forward to having a different composition to our line-up.

Let's face it, we've been this malaise or slump for 100 games now (45-55). Something has to be done to shake things up, as staying the course didn't work.

In fact, I wonder how many die-hard White Sox fans have watched every inning of every game from last Saturday on? It's not as difficult as 2005 (August/September) to tune them out, because there was such great drama at that time seeing if Contreras and McCarthy could hold off the Indians.

Many posters are making similar comments, like they can't even get excited about going to a game. My friend in LA gave away his tickets for last night's game, and he's usually very optimistic about the Sox. IMO, it's better for them to demonstrate they don't have it, instead of being "in-between" in June and July and leaving KW lots of questions as to whether he's a buyer or seller.

It sucks, but I think it's reality. Everyone sensed it in the second half last year, how is this season any different, except for the fact we have to chase down 3 teams instead of holding Minnesota off? Heck, we will have to chase down the Yankees, Blue Jays and A's too for the WC.

If I was a GM, I'd be all over our pitching. Any of our starters would be a great addition to any staff. Personally, I think Jenks is over-rated so I wouldn't really want him unless my bullpen was just horrendous. Matt Thornton is very attractive because I may could get him for cheap.

I would have absolutely no interest in Uribe, Iguchi, Pods, Erstad or any of the bench guys.

Dye, AJ, Konerko, and Crede would all be interesting if I needed to fill the slot. I'd go for Thome, but wouldn't give up a ton of prospects for an aging, injured player who can't play the field.

Mark Buehrle would be the pitcher I'd want the most...proven, young, lefty, heady, winner, tough as nails, and a proven champion. If I could pry Mark and sign him, I'd give up at least two top prospects and another good prospect. He, in my view, is the most valuable player on this team.

That being said, I DONT WANT HIM DEALT.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ May 5, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
If I was a GM, I'd be all over our pitching. Any of our starters would be a great addition to any staff. Personally, I think Jenks is over-rated so I wouldn't really want him unless my bullpen was just horrendous. Matt Thornton is very attractive because I may could get him for cheap.

I would have absolutely no interest in Uribe, Iguchi, Pods, Erstad or any of the bench guys.

Dye, AJ, Konerko, and Crede would all be interesting if I needed to fill the slot. I'd go for Thome, but wouldn't give up a ton of prospects for an aging, injured player who can't play the field.

Mark Buehrle would be the pitcher I'd want the most...proven, young, lefty, heady, winner, tough as nails, and a proven champion. If I could pry Mark and sign him, I'd give up at least two top prospects and another good prospect. He, in my view, is the most valuable player on this team.

That being said, I DONT WANT HIM DEALT.

Denny Neagle, Dan Naulty, Allan Watson, Ed Yarnell, Todd Erdos, Jay Tessmer, Jeff Juden, Mike Buddie, Tony Fossas, Darrell Einertson, Ben Ford, Craig Dingman, Randy Keisler, Jake Westbrook, Randy Choate, Jay Witasik, Mark Wholers, Sterling Hitchcock, Brian Boehringer, Adrian Hernandez, Todd Williams, Brandon Knight, Carlos Almanzar, Christian Parker, Brett Jodie, Mike Thurman, Chris Hammond, Antonio Osuna, Juan Acevedo, Jason Anderson, Al Reyes, Brandon Claussen, Jesse Orosco, Bret Prinz, Dan Miceli, Jeff Weaver, Javier Vazquez, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, Felix Heredia, Tanyon Sturze, Esteban Loaiza, Brad Halsey, Gabe White, Donovan Osborne, CJ Nitkowski, Juan Padilla, Jorge DePaula, Alex Graman, Sam Marsonek, Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright, Shawn Chacon, Al Leiter, Felix Rodriguez, Aaron Small, Buddy Groom, Allan Embree, Wayne Franklin, Darrell May, Corey Lidle, Ron Villone, TJ Beam, Sidney Ponson, Octavio Dotel, Scott Erickson, and so on.

A creative fan on the Yankees board compiled a list of all the pitchers they've run in and out of town under Cashman's tenure. Geez!

Those are ALL reasons you keep Mark Buehrle instead of going through the crapshoot that is FA or trades or getting prospects.

Edited by caulfield12