Darin Erstad is Awesome

Linnwood

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 5, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
This may or maynot work... it is Windows Media 9 codec but a Quicktime file:

http://files.linnwood.org/video/Erstad.mov

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The response to manager Ozzie Guillen's message became clear in the first inning.

Seconds after Darin Erstad broke up a potential double play Saturday, a beehive of teammates congratulated him.

That typified the spark that was missing during a five-game losing streak that ended with a 6-3 victory over the Los Angeles Angels.

"Right out of the gate," said Jon Garland (1-2), who pitched seven-plus innings of three-run ball. "It looked like [more energy] was definitely there."

www.chicagosports.com

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
Yeah, seriously. If someone is going to have Pods' blunder in Oakland, Erstad's f*** up needs equal treatment because I'm really sick of capn posting and having to look at that awful moment from this year. At least with Erstad I knew the Sox were losing that game so I wasn't as angry, I was able to laugh.

Don't disrespect the Pods noggin-bopper!

I think it was an inning earlier when Gary Matthews stumbled under a routine fly ball the the Angels announcers said how difficult tracking the ball was in the Anaheim twilight. When it happened to Erstad it was almost like they expected it and mentioned they'd seen it happen to him before especially when wearing those glasses he had on.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:24 AM)
I think it was an inning earlier when Gary Matthews stumbled under a routine fly ball the the Angels announcers said how difficult tracking the ball was in the Anaheim twilight. When it happened to Erstad it was almost like they expected it and mentioned they'd seen it happen to him before especially when wearing those glasses he had on.

It's not like he played there 10 years or anything, right? right?

LOL, I really dont care about it at all, it's more comedic than anything else; it's just funny that in his first game back to the stadium he played every one of his home games in until this year, he loses a ball.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 6, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)

I love that man.